The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
azsmokey

CPP Perches for an LS1 swap

Will these perches work for an LS1 swap into a 72 K10 (4WD) truck. I spoke with the folks at CPP twice and was given both "yes" and "no" answers. With that, I turn to the trusted resources at this board for a more direct answer. We have an LQ9 from a 2003 Silverado SS for our swap and want to keep the AC. The motor plates from S&P and Trans-dapt will not work due to a conflict with the AC bracket. We can not relocate the AC due to the Vortech blower with Intercooler. I would rather not give that up!

I would appreciate any advice from those that have done the swap. Links with pics would be great as well!!

Thanks!
azsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
azsmokey

Re: CPP Perches for an LS1 swap

Any ideas?
Old 04-17-2008, 03:39 AM   #3
azsmokey

Is anyone reading this post or is it just me...
Old 04-17-2008, 03:58 AM   #4
Highsteel
Chasin' the Dream

No clue here, dude. Sorry
Highsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:08 AM   #5
Number98
Prestige Worldwide

I think some of the guys on the board have used the ones from Early Classic, give them a try. www.earlyclassic.com
Number98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
azsmokey

Thanks. I'll check out those ECE mounts and see if they will work on the K series.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:54 AM   #7
shifty
Questionable

i really don't know, but i'll tell you what i told boardmember 5150 on the phone the other day...there are two framerail heights for our trucks (at the crossmember). 5.5" and 6".

if you have the 6" tall crossmember, i would without a doubt go ECE. all ECE gives you is a '73-'87 engine perch and urethane mount, and a custom clamshell that will attach that stock mount to a GenIII block. four mount holes are required; two are already on the framerail, you will need to drill either one or two holes on the crossmember, depending on your framerail height in most cases (6" tall = 1 hole, 5.5" = 2 holes). the mount isn't for looks, it is for function, beefy, very similar to ECE's auto tranny crossmember, which, once hammered in, is a bear to get out IMO. the ECE mounts, in stock position, will put a GenIII block about 2-3" farther forward than stock, which can make for some clearance woes up front (put mine and a couple other people's about 6" from the radiator...after 2" thick fan, make that 4", then figure in radiator hoses, water pump clearance, and the intake+MAF and ... it gets tight fast)

the CPP mount is tubular, and i believe it is held by two bolts on top of the framerail, and one bolt in the crossmember. I might be wrong. i am interested to know the position it puts the motor in, personally.

there are always adapter plates out there as well. Using a stock V8 mount, if it has the single-bolt-through-the-rubber-bushing setup like the '73-87 trucks, you could just get a couple of nice adapter plates and save $100-$150 and not worry about compatibility, paying CPP or ECE money, etc. ATS makes plates, i'm sure a hundred other people might also ... and i think CPP sells just the plate you mout to the block by itself, but might be wrong.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote