The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
Blackstone

WOOHOO! Think I found a deal

Now that Spring is here, bargains are sprouting up everywhere. I found a 1986 C1500 with a good bed, dual tanks and a TH400 for my '73... as well as good fenders/doors for my '87. I called the # to find that $400 buys it. Another guy around the corner has a great bed with dual tank setup for $150

Already scored a clean pair of '73 fenders and '87 inner fenders for FREE!Parts-hunting rules!
Blackstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
babyJay
Arrived on a Pale Horse

Re: WOOHOO! Think I found a deal

great find!
babyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
blink32

Do you need them both? Why don't you help a brother out. I need a new bed that works with duals and I don't mind a drive for quality parts.
blink32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
Blackstone

I'll probably take the complete truck. You're welcome to the $150 bed, he said he'd throw in the dual-tank setup for $25 if you need it. Just keep in mind... A "nice" bed in Maine always has rust somewhere. This particular one has enough rust over the wheel openings to warrant a patch panel on at least one side, but the cross-sills, floor and lower panels are clean, straight and original. It's a bed that would normally bring $400 here, so I'd be surprised if it hasn't been sold already.

I prefer the other bed because it only needs lower-rear patch panels... much easier to make look good than the upper wheel arches. I'm still learning body work through self-education and have seen very few wheel arches done successfully, so I won't touch them.

The guy also has a rust-free southern Blazer body with floors you could eat off from(not for sale). He's also building a '65 sedan delivery and a '67 pickup. His most recent project was a pickup cab on a Blazer frame with a really cool flat-bed... As you could imagine, we had much to talk about.
Blackstone is offline   Reply With Quote