The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2008, 07:23 AM   #26
berencam

Re: I'm disgusted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffspower View Post
I'm disgusted right with ya. I have far more questions than answers:

- What is this guy doing today? Working, recovering, drawing disability? Driving again?

- He has a $600 cell phone- is he loaded, or blows money he doesn't have?

-What does he own? If it's next to nothing, and likely will remain that way, a civil judgement is worthless. All it will amount to is an IOU if he ever aquires any assets you can go after.

Unfortunately, even if you do get cash out of him that will pay off your medical bills, your credit will be tanked long before it happens. Medical debt collectors are relentless wolves. You would have to work out an agreement NOW to pay them yourself for now to avoid nasty scars on your credit report.

not sure about the first two but on the second i would guess its the latter. As for the medical debt i have a total of 7 medical bills, from the hospital to the docters. I have made arangements to keep 3/7 in good standing by doing a $50 a month payment, the other 4 i offerered $25 a month due to the fact that i am only making $10 a hour or 1200 a month(600 for regular bills, 175 for the new car payment 110 for insurance 150 for medical bills and the other 165 for gas and food for a month) leaves not much for any other minimum payment. So the other 4 decliened the $25 a month.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:20 AM   #27
jeffspower
Well, Whoop-dee-do!

Re: I'm disgusted...

I could be wrong, but I would think that if they decline your payments (even though they are smaller than what they want) it should work in your favor if they take you to court. I think I would send them $25 a month regularly anyway, even if they don't cash them. Just make sure the money is there in case they let them pile up & try to cash a bunch of them at once. Keep good records, and it will show that you are making a valid effort. They don't want you to do that so they can take you to court. They would rather win in court, or write it off if you file bankruptcy.

I know this worked for my grandmother 30 years ago anyway. I think it took her 10 years to pay off an $8000 bill- but they couldn't (or at least didn't) do anything because she made small payments every month.

'72 K20 500 Cad/TH400/NP205 SOLD

'92 Chevy 2500 6.5 mech TD 4L80E crusty daily driver

'72 Monte Carlo... sweet low mile toy

'11 Dodge Challenger IE 392 6spd... midlife car
jeffspower is offline   Reply With Quote