The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2008, 05:19 AM   #1
BurnoutNova

my plans for the weekend

im planning on replacing the waterpump, plugs and wires and all the pulleys/ ect to put make the 350 in my 67 look original.

the PO or one of them anyway, put a newer 350 in the truck before i got it, and it has the newer style long waterpump, and passenger side alternator on it right now. ive collected everything i need to swap it back over, and put in a 4 core radiator, and get rid of the stupid looking vacuum switch on the the t-stat housing. the only thing i need to do then is redo the alternator wiring. someone lenthened/ re-routed it for the pass side setup.

i'm also planning on putting new plugs/ wires and cap and rotor on just because im sure its been a LONG time, and the wires are routed over the exaust manifolds and are close to being burned. what plug wires do you guys usually run with an hei setup? on my 71 K10 when i rebuilt the engine i custom cut a set of accel 300+ wires and ran them under the exaust manifolds like they came from the factory, but with this having hei the factory length wires wont work. i bought a set of premade wires for a 75 corvette, but havent tried putting them on yet. they should work but i wasnt sure. i want to put them under tha manifolds just to make sure they dont get burnt. heres a picture of the engine as it is now.

BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:41 AM   #2
pat123
Pat

Re: my plans for the weekend

i just bought some kn wires that will run under the manifold, from lordco
pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
71stub

74 to 79 corvettes used ram horn manifolds with hei but you will also need the retainers on the back of the block and the oil pan to hold the wires. The wires you bought should work fine though. Just make sure they look a mile long.
71stub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
BurnoutNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71stub View Post
74 to 79 corvettes used ram horn manifolds with hei but you will also need the retainers on the back of the block and the oil pan to hold the wires. The wires you bought should work fine though. Just make sure they look a mile long.
i knew the vettes used rams horns from, well like 57-82 i thought? i didnt know they changed in 79 but i could be wrong.

on my 71 K10 i ran them the way they do on vettes, but i cut them myself so i just made it work, but i didnt want to spend 100 bucks for my beater so i wanted some stock wires. these should do i guess
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote