The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2003, 12:01 AM   #1
canso

body side trim quality question

I want to buy a set of 69-72 upper and lower trim. I have looked at the prices and they seem to be all over the place. I am wondering if the quality is the same. Has anyone bought this lately and been happy with the quality. Thanks
canso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 04:08 AM   #2
GMCPaul

There are 2 69-72 trim manufacturers that I know of, DII also known as Corvex and another company. For some reason I can't think of the other manufacturers name. We examined both companies products and found the Corvex to be superior so we carry it, the other brand the width of the trim varied down the length of a piece which we thought was very shoddy. The only downfall that the Corvex trim has is the clips that are included leave much to be desired, we have tried to convince them that they should get the clips from the manufacturer we buy our trim clip sets from but so far that has been to no avail.
Price variances on the Corvex trim is a matter of how much profit the seller is making an example is we carry Corvex trim as does Goodmark, Goodmark sells a complete upper and lower trim set with Black lower for a short wheelbase for$479.95 we sell the exact same trim set for $429.95
I make less than Goodmark. I have seen the same set sell as high as $659.95 from another supplier.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:11 AM   #3
72'BBGMCSGCC

Thumbs up

It's nice to hear about the quality of parts.Please let us know more info on parts quality Paul,because I'll be ready to restore my truck sometime this year. and I only want to use quality parts. Thank you for all of the hard work. Dave
72'BBGMCSGCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:47 AM   #4
Richard

I read somewhere that the aftermarket upper front fender spears do not have the curve built into them as the originals do. Is this true with all the repro trim? Or did the factory trim even have a curve built into them?
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:57 AM   #5
72'BBGMCSGCC

Question

Paul,How good is the quality of Mar-K products?
72'BBGMCSGCC is offline   Reply With Quote