The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
idaho32

Need Help With De-Coding

New to the site but I am in need of a little help. I currently own a 71 3/4ton and when I bought it the owner had the original parts identification sheet and I also believe the original window sticker. Both are in pretty bad shape. Anyways about my question, is there any website that anyone knows of that explains exactly what options these trucks came with originally along with the codes. This site has been great but for some reason I am not able to find all the information I am wanting. Thanks in advance.
idaho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:18 AM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: Need Help With De-Coding

welcome to the board.
you looking for a list of all options avalible? Or are you just trying to figure out what the ones on your SPID mean... translated to english?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
idaho32

what the ones on my SPID mean, translated to english.
idaho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:53 AM   #4
WorkinLonghorn

Post them here,and somebody will know.
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, stereo speakers, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #5
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I, and others, have the restoration packets you can get from GM. This packet shows most of the normal options offered on the trucks, but NOT a complete list.
A photo would be ideal, most of them we could tell you just from the description, but you may have some odd balls that we'd need to open the books on.
As for the restoration packet, if you are interested in getting one (I recomend fabricating a VIN for each of the 6 years, the packets compliment each other and some have info that others don't) then read the following;
This free packet from Chevrolet Motors is the ultimate reference for your old truck. Have your VIN number handy when contacting them for this free pack.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center
Chevrolet Motor Division
General Motors Corporation
P O Box 7047
Troy, Michigan 48007-7047

Phone: 1-800-222-1020

Don't be surprised if it takes 10-15 calls to finally get through. Ask for a "Restoration Package" (it's free in the USA). They will want your Vehicle Identification Number and year for your truck. The restoration package they send includes complete engineering specifications for your year truck, and also a very long list of parts vendors for classic Chevys.

NOTE: The USA Restoration Pack will NOT give you specific information for your individual vehicle, but generic info for the model year of your truck.

For our fine neighbors to the north in Canada, you should contact:

GM Canada Vintage Vehicle Services
Phone: (in Canada) 1-888-467-6853, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EASTERN time. (Outside Canada 1-905-644-3387 or 1-905-644-4060).

Unlike the US Restoration Packs, GM Canada charges for theirs; however, unlike the USA version, you WILL receive information specific to your particular truck. The cost is as follows:
For vehicles 1963 & older: $25.00 (CDN) + GST & PST (Ont.)
for 1964 to current vehicles: $45.00 (CDN) + GST & PST (Ont.)
Once again, those prices are in Canadian dollars!
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote