The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
72Levi

RANT..Any vendor want to sell me some patch panels? Calling and NO Answer with many.

Any vendor want to sell me some patch panels? Calling and NO Answer with many. I try to support the vendors on this site but its pretty hard not to go with LMC Truck when their web site is very easy to order from. I tried Tri-po and their site does not list what I need, I called them and machine says "Please leave your name and number etc..." UGH!!! I called Mikes bump and grind and the same thing. I called Brothers and stayed on hold and finally got through and the guy was poor on customer service and took forever just to look up a part I needed, I hung up after 10 mins. I am easy going and maybe old school. But I remember when customer service was #1 priority. I would have ordered on their sites but I can't find the panel I need. LMC lists it easy and I could order from them but I try to support vendors here. I need...

1972 Chevy Blazer

Frt Lower Quarter Panel both LH and RH
Rocker Panel outer Pass side (RH I believe)
Inner Rocker panel
Plug-Rocker Panel Access

In this recession, you would think companies would double check their order taking/customer service. I have not ordered parts in a while, maybe thats just how it is these days. Its a shame if it is, I have my own company and customer service is #1 priority.

Any vendors out there that want some business and more later? BTW I am looking for the best fitting/gauge panels, I heard Tri-Plus is the way to go.
2008 Buick Enclave AWD, Nav, & DVD, Wife LOVES it!

Last edited by 72Levi; 05-13-2008 at 07:01 PM.
72Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:04 AM   #2
Jtrux
I'm a poor spectator

Re: RANT..Any vendor want to sell me some patch panels? Calling and NO Answer with m

I hate saying it but i've always had great service with LMC, I have not dealt with any others but i'm really surprised by your experience. What a shame.

1993 Chevy 2500 4x4 ExCab LWB 454/NV4500 Tow rig

1977 Ford F100 2x4 LWB 1st truck I owned, still have it!!!

1979 Ford F150 4x4 SWB Built Ford Tough!!!

1971 Chevy Blazer 350 / SM465 / NP205 UNDER CONSTRUCTION Soon to have a LQ4 6.0!!!
Jtrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:20 AM   #3
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Re: RANT..Any vendor want to sell me some patch panels? Calling and NO Answer with m

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Levi View Post
Any vendor want to sell me some patch panels? Calling and NO Answer with many. I try to support the vendors on this site but its pretty hard not to go with LMC Truck when their web site is very easy to order from. I tried Tri-po and their site does not list what I need, I called them and machine says "Please leave your name and number etc..." UGH!!! I called Mikes bump and grind and the same thing. I called Brothers and stayed on hold and finally got through and the guy was poor on customer service and took forever just to look up a part I needed, I hung up after 10 mins. I am easy going and maybe old school. But I remember when customer service was #1 priority. I would have ordered on their sites but I can't find the panel I need. LMC lists it easy and I could order from them but I try to support vendors here. I need...

1972 Chevy Blazer

Frt Lower Quarter Panel both LH and RH
Rocker Panel outer Pass side (RH I believe)
Inner Rocker panel
Plug-Rocker Panel Access

In this recession, you would think companies would double check their order taking/customer service. I have not ordered parts in a while, maybe thats just how it is these days. Its a shame if it is, I have my own company and customer service is #1 priority.

Any vendors out there that want some business and more later? BTW I am looking for the best fitting/gauge panels, I heard Tri-Plus is the way to go.

When did you call? And why wouldn't you leave a message so I could call you? I find it tough to take that your indicting our customer service because you got a machine- I'm one guy and may have been on the phone; that's why I have a machine- not to avoid talking to customers.

Last edited by jb4short; 05-14-2008 at 01:24 AM.
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:46 AM   #4
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

This is funny, I agree w/ Jon @ TRI-PRO, Although I've been using a different BV
for years, if I get through on the 1st try it's a blessing, but I'm used to waiting. It
maybe that you want it now, if so go to LMC, just keep in mind that ALOT of their
handling fees are rediculous, ALOT of their parts are subquality, and their service,
ya better hope ya never have to return anything to them. Oh well that's my $.02
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T

Last edited by LUV2XCLR8; 05-14-2008 at 01:47 AM.
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:11 AM   #5
72Levi

I called three times. The first time, your system hung up on me. The second time it went thru beeps. The third time it did go to your answering machine, I would have left a message but I thought I would never get a callback as most other cases with others. I am patient, but other bad apples have led me to believe that you almost never get a callback. I did give you first dibs on it since I have heard good things about you. Anyway, I did not mean to say YOU don't callback, I just wanted to get these things ordered since I am very busy the rest of the week. Anyway I did order from Wes at Classic Heartbeat (stand up guy), but I will also call you next time and check prices etc... I know people are busy, but too many bad apples (no callbacks) leave a bad taste in my mouth sometimes. Thanks for responding, no problem here with you. BTW LMC has higher prices, thats why I order and support vendors here, not to mention this forum/site is great!

Last edited by 72Levi; 05-14-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:43 AM   #6
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Levi View Post
I called three times. The first time, your system hung up on me. The second time it went thru beeps. The third time it did go to your answering machine, I would have left a message but I thought I would never get a callback as most other cases with others. I am patient, but other bad apples have led me to believe that you almost never get a callback. I did give you first dibs on it since I have heard good things about you. Anyway, I did not mean to say YOU don't callback, I just wanted to get these things ordered since I am very busy the rest of the week. Anyway I did order from Wes at Classic Heartbeat (stand up guy), but I will also call you next time and check prices etc... I know people are busy, but too many bad apples (no callbacks) leave a bad taste in my mouth sometimes. Thanks for responding, no problem here with you. BTW LMC has higher prices, thats why I order and support vendors here, not to mention this forum/site is great!
If it was today I don't doubt it; we didn't have any power due to a storm. Came in this morning and two of our power lines were sitting on the ground.
Anyway I'm glad you found your parts.
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
72Levi

Thanks for being cool about it, like I said I'll keep you in mind next time.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
rstrick

TriPro,

Have you considered a UPS for your phone system? We have had so many storms around here that those things are becoming a required piece of equipment. I know it is another expense but many consider it a cost of doing business any more, especially with the new phone systems.

Just a thought.
rstrick is offline   Reply With Quote