The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
kdrodworks316
KOFFIN DRAGGER

1bbl rochester adjustment?

I rebuilt the carb on my burb couple days ago, and now it wants to load up and die at an idle. I have the air/fuel set at 1 1/2 turns out but cant keep it running long enough to make any adjustments. I did not change the float level, but did change the needle and seat. The kit I bought didny come with a new accelerator pump so I had to reuse the original, which was not in the best shape but still pumped fuel. any ideas?
kdrodworks316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Chevysdominate

Re: 1bbl rochester adjustment?

I rebuild a 1bbl rochester for my 61 last weekend and had the same problem. It seems like the idle circuit has a hard time priming itself. What i had to do was..... 'gulp'....... keep it going with a little starting fluid. A couple of squirts (5-10 squirts) into the carb to keep it going. Ran great after that. If i was doing it again i would probably use gas and slowly inject it into the carb like i did with the starting fluid. Hope this helps.
Chevysdominate is offline   Reply With Quote