The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #26
oldspowered
resto body guy

Re: Here's my truck. John Deer Blitz Black

that looks really good!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #27
joeymarkgraf

How about some JD green?
joeymarkgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:04 PM   #28
Hazieview
Building Dreams out of Dimes!

Well guys it's still a work in progress. I gutted my interior and made some changes. I took out the old torn up head liner and attempted to clean it up and wrap it in black vinyl. It came out pretty good. It has a few bumps when you look at it in the sunlight but when your in it you can't really notice. Check it out.

it looked bran new underneith the headliner

Here is what it looks like now.
cost me like $70. The vinyl was only $30 but the heavy duty spray adhesive I got at the auto part store was $20 per can and I used two cans. I probably could have got it cheaper somewhere else but oh well...
Hazieview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #29
Hazieview

Now for the floor! I tore out all the old carpet and insulation because the rat that lived in the truck before i got it wasn't potty trained that well....

This was the hardest thing to clean up off the floor. It's like a small piece of padding glued down to help your wires stay in place. I cleaned the floor up with some orange cleaner and 'goo gone' (sticky stuff remover)

These are the products I used to glue down the insulation I got with the poylyvinyl kit from LMC.

I also coverd the floor in some padded foil backed duct insulation that I found at home depot. It worked lke a champ and is way cheaper than dynomat, roadkill, etc.

That's all I got for the floor for now. I'll post the end results soon.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #30
Hazieview

I guess I should mention that I also put bucket seats in my truck. They came out of a 2002 ford escape. They were almost a perfect fit. One back leg on each seat was about 2" too long so I had an easy fix. I cut it off real smooth with a hack saw and then just bolted it right back to the same bracket I cut it off of. As you can see in the pictures I just left the bracket bolted to the floor when installing the poylyvinyl/carpet. I dont know if you have ever put bucket seats in you truck but you have to drop both of your side gas tanks and remove your catalytic converter if you have one. I installed the seats before I got the polyvinyl so I just left the modified brackets on the floor and cut around them. The pictures might show you what I mean....

this bracket is bolted to the floor

The bracket above over laps this bracket and another bolt goes through the whole I drilled in it.

See this one leg was 2" to short so I hacked it off, moved it up 2" and bolted it back on.

does this make any since at all?

Last edited by Hazieview; 05-19-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #31
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

It does make sense to see it. Very interesting. So the fronts pretty much bolt in?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 AM   #32
Hazieview

Yeah, three legs bolt right down and the last leg bolts to the bracket already connected to the floor. I'll take pictures of the final product when I get done.

The duct insulation worked suprisingly well too. It was only like $20 a roll from home depot.