The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #1
7071Bluck

Title

Hey guys I live in Missouri and found a 71 Blazer in Kansas for sale with no title It is in a salvage yard I am wondering if anyone knows how to go about getting a new title for it
7071Bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
bill8333

Re: Title

Call your local DMV they should know. I know here in Nevada a bill of sale is also a title or considered one.

Bill

1981 GMC 1/2 L/B 4x4 one owner truck. 4" lift

2004 Dodge Cummins Diesel 4x4 Q/C S/B

1986 Dodge D150 L/B 2WD
bill8333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
andrewt2

call the kansas highway patrol.... by law any kansas salvage yard must be able to provide a valid title for any and all vehicles stored on their property.... i work for a salvage yard that buys 20+ cars a week, it's a pretty big deal. Kansas does this to keep down on the amount of stolen automobile parts and complete vehicles ending up in salvage yards.
andrewt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
72armyswbtruck

That is not true for all salvage yards, Infact many in Kansas get Abandonded vehicles and scrap vehicles which they can sell but they have to cut in half and sell as scrap. Good luck with your title.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
andrewt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72armyswbtruck View Post
That is not true for all salvage yards, Infact many in Kansas get Abandonded vehicles and scrap vehicles which they can sell but they have to cut in half and sell as scrap. Good luck with your title.
If's it an abandoned vehicle the approraite froms must be filed with the state of kansas which includes posting a notice to the public in the county paper with the vehicle was abanondened, waiting 30 days then a title is issued to the salvage yard. usually a non-highway title. and if the vehicle is sold to a salvage yard for scrap the seller of said scrap is supposed to sign whats called an "affadivit of a fact" stating "i am in fact the current owner of this vehicle, to the best of my knowledge the vehicle is free from all liens, and the vehicle is not stolen" so one way or another the salvage yard should have paperwork on the vehicle your interested in. now in kansas it's a little easier getting it from say a individual because then after 35 years a kansas bill of sale signed by the seller will be sufficent for registering it. as long as you dont come into any trouble with any old liens that had not been released on the truck,
andrewt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #6
bandit37388

Contact International title service. Should be able to find them with no problem on the net. They are resonably priced and quick
bandit37388 is offline   Reply With Quote