The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #26
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Re: Progress Pics

Joseph,

Here is a old pic of mine with a 275-60-17 on the back, it was about 11.5 wide on a 10" wheel.

PS Your ride dose look look good, all it comes down to is what you like, that's what makes it so cool. If everyone did the same thing it would not be as cool..

Good luck with it..
Attached Images

tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #27
SCOTI

The 275/60-17 on a 10" wheel is one of the perfect sizes on the square body trucks. It's got the right width & height.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #28
aggie91
I'm just glad to be here!

I like the Blazer as it is now. But, the copper on the bottom and the white top is a better choice to make it "look" lower.

I did a similar wheel/tire set up like scoti dit on an 80 modle long bed. I used 7" truck rallys with a 215/70 in front and a 8" truck rally with a 255/70 in the rear. Looked near perfect for me. I also used a the stock 8" trim rings on all 4 wheels. I wish I had a picture before I sold it...

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372424

The LST Challenge:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7812257

Korbin's 1st Square: "Sunburn"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418618

1985 GMC Sierra: "White Trash", Korbin's 2nd now...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632305

Henry - 1984 Chevrolet, Owen's 1st Square
aggie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #29
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvblazer78 View Post
Joseph,

Here is a old pic of mine with a 275-60-17 on the back, it was about 11.5 wide on a 10" wheel.

PS Your ride dose look look good, all it comes down to is what you like, that's what makes it so cool. If everyone did the same thing it would not be as cool..

Good luck with it..
Travis, do you remember the rear backspacing when you were running that set up?
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #30
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin79 View Post
Travis, do you remember the rear backspacing when you were running that set up?
It was 5" BS, but I had to roll the inner in a lot to make it work, if I did it again it would be 5.5 BS on a 10" wheel.

Hope this helps..
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:10 PM   #31
f.monroe

Hey Joseph , The Hoosier tire isnt necessarily soft . They make a street radial but I think it is just for size . Here is a pic of one on I believe a 15x10 . BFG also makes a 285/70/15 if you want tall .
Frank
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2008, 12:15 AM   #32
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurant View Post
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Yall have given me alot to consider. My first thoughts on paint were to do the bottom bronze too, but I'm worried about it matching. In person the paint I sprayed is just a bit darker than the rest. Then with the wheels that color might be overkill. Maybe then I would paint the wheels black. First things first though, this thing needs an altitude adjustment. That will give me time to think about colors. Maybe I'll get some editing software, so I can quite bothering Longhair and Boxrodz. Oh, and I do drive the $#!+ out of it. I have only driven the mustang to work twice and my truck once since I bought the Blazer.

Boxrodz,
Thanks for the chops, I really appreciate it. And you're really good at it. Are you using photoshop or that new software I read about here-don't remember the name.

Painting the lower portion bronze may not exactly match the upper portion, but they could 'bably get pretty close. And, maybe it wouldn't be quite as noticable, since it is below the beltline. But, you're right... drop it first.

Thank you for the compliment.
I have an 'old' version of PS, but it works for me. It's helps visualize as well as come up with some new 'ideas'. I also use a drawing package that helps model and 'dimensionize' a mod before pulling out the tools. Although, I 'bably go a bit too far with the planning stage. After reading Scoti post, I though I was the only one that threw numbers around.

BTW, time-permitting, I don't mind photo hacking for you or anyone else.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #33
454HO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurant View Post
I would love to find a taller tire for the back, but none are really available for the 10" wheel. 275/60 is the closest, and I think would be too narrow and I would only gain like 3 millimeters in height. I could have found a more appropriate tire for the front, but I couldn't have it taller in the front than on the rear. Tire selection sucks for 15" wheels these days.
Take a look at the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R tires. These are the radial version of the old Sportsman (Pro) series. They have several sizes for 15x10 wheels going from 26" up to 30" in diameter.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...em=SportsmanSR

Definately not cheap tires, but they would look awesome on your Blazer.