The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

may video of Houston drag racing

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...ing_162802.htm
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
69halfton

Re: may video of Houston drag racing

the chassis twist on i think the second clip was unbeliveable.

did you see it still over on its side when he was going the the traps in the wrong lane

If you can turn, Youre not going fast enough.

Favorite caption:

first car to 200 mph in the 1/4 mile, no parachute, drum brakes all the way around..
..back when men were men.
69halfton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
PA-IndianRider

W o W... lots of GREAT action.... thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing the videos you have been posting.

Goes to prove NOT everything in TEXAS is BIGGER..... those shutdown areas are really SHORT.

Bet the parachute distributor is making a bunch of $$$ money $$$ "down there"....HA!!!
"Gasser/Altered Drag Race Hot Rod"
Where were You in '62 ?
PA-IndianRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

That track was even shorter than that at first , they extended it to the length it is now . You can see traffic in some of the passes . I will be there tonight . Thanks for the feedback on the videos .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

Last edited by hotrod 80; 07-11-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69halfton View Post
the chassis twist on i think the second clip was unbeliveable.

did you see it still over on its side when he was going the the traps in the wrong lane

Hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes but the driver of that second truck is a flippin MORON. He obviously broke some rear suspension parts at launch. Then after nearly taking out the tree, and crossing all the way over into the other lane, the dumb sob get's back into it to chase his opponent down. That's about the dumbest thing I've seen on a drag strip,, and I've seen (and done) some pretty stupid things!!!!

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
joeys66pickup
Dr. Frankenstein

thats what i was thinking marv, Why in THE HELL would he try to chase him down? you lose, you lose plain an simple.

On another note HOLY CRAP!! i watched the PAO with your 66' Marv and you kicked so much ass it was gnarly.takin mustangs,novas whatever was thrown your way you just pimp slapped them into reality where they lose and you win.i think i have watched that episode a hundred times now, i just cant get enough of how calm you act while you just go through the crowd handing everone their ass(i do the same dash slap when i win to )
your truck is my trucks idol from now on,if i ever get that fast with my 454 i will be the happiest kid on the planet
Old 07-12-2008, 12:23 AM   #7
Marv D

<shrugs> where are you watching it (the u-tube videos???) It airs next thursday night on speed and will be the first time I will see it.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:42 AM   #8
joeys66pickup
Dr. Frankenstein

i check the on-demand stuff on my tv when i wake up each morning while i drink my coffee and i always start with the speed channel pinks section and this time it was pinks all out.the first episode is just the beginning and the run down of how it works but the second is all your truck in its ass whopping glory i love how you kept going all in with the cash and then your eyes got that HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! look when he handed you that stack of money.

do your rear bars come through the back of the cab below the window?? i couldnt see on tv that well because of the clouds of smoke pouring from the back
Old 07-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #9
Marv D

LMAO,, hey, they said HAM IT UP,, I just tried to give em what they asked for!! They wanted smoke,, I gave em SMOKE!!!!
Was funny,, a rock, wheelrim screw or something took out a couple of tape-on wheel weights earlier that day (that previously barely cleared the rear brake caliper). At around 4500 in high in the burnout box the rear end was jumping and shaking like crazy,, but the crowd was screaming, hootin and hollerin, so WTF,, take it to 6000 and let the smoke boil!!! I don't think I want to know how foolish this ol fart looks.

The cage is totally illegal (side bar doesn't pass by the driver between elbow and shoulder, and the rear bars don't connect to the main hoop) I never intended for the truck to go below the (then) 11.99 bar rule. (In hindsight,,, that was nothing but a total act of denial of the power of the faster faster faster addiction but that's another story) The cage was just to support / reinforce the backhalf. I attached the rear bars to the backbrace so they would come out under the bed line. Just be aware, they changed the bar rule to 11.49 and a cage / bar built this way will get you tossed off the track if you go that quick.

Here's a construction shot that shows the rear bars coming through the bed. I just couldn't bring myself to hack the back of the cab for what this was.

http://www.mousemotor.com/back_2_9.jpg

Old 07-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes but the driver of that second truck is a flippin MORON. He obviously broke some rear suspension parts at launch. Then after nearly taking out the tree, and crossing all the way over into the other lane, the dumb sob get's back into it to chase his opponent down. That's about the dumbest thing I've seen on a drag strip,, and I've seen (and done) some pretty stupid things!!!!
It don't bother me , but that truck had somthing broke in it . Another thing to remember is alot of the things you see here are NOT NHRA events . Some of these events have different rules . I run an event where crossing the centerline ( unintentionally of coarse ) is not a DQ. I also ran an event before with a minimum MPH rule for set indexs . You could redlite and still win if the other guy didn't meet the minimum MPH , as sandbagging was the worse offense . Now if you cross and impeed progress you lose . But if you cross behind a guy and then get back around him and get the win light it's yours . They also run instant green . You get get land ( stage with the back tires ) or someone can give you the move ( They have to wait till you leave and react to you leaving ) . Alot of these videos are from sunday night . Sunday night is test and tune and grudge racing . Anyway here's another video to give you an idea of what im talking about . http://videos.streetfire.net/video/O...OUT_171027.htm

Marv , I thing i remember you from nasty Z-28 or another forum . I remember when you built that truck . The name jakeshoe also sounds familiar .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

Old 07-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #11
djracer

do you know the guy with the blueish green 69 camaro? I think I helped those guys in Montgomery at a race!

Special Thanks to All who have helped on the TRUCK!

My Pass Time Show http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Chapter1-0.mp4

So Far my best Times are:

Motor only:
6.44 1/8 @ 104.13
10.39 1/4 @ 125.83

Nitrous Times:
5.785 1/8 @ 118.65 with a 1.336 60ft
9.168 1/4 @ 142.58 with a 250 shot dead out of the hole!
djracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #12
joeys66pickup
Dr. Frankenstein

so its just backhalved? and a REALLY *****in SBC handles the ass whoopin duties

did you ever put all the build pictures in like a thread on here or anything?
Old 07-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #13
Marv D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod 80 View Post
Marv , I thing i remember you from nasty Z-28 or another forum . I remember when you built that truck . The name jakeshoe also sounds familiar .
Yeah, I was a moderator over at nastyz28 for about 10 years. Joined that zoo when it was 300 members, now it's damn near 30,000 and the owners have totally lost control. That's why I and a couple other administrators and moderators bailed on the site. We worked our @$$ off to build that place, now there is too many indians with big ego's and no chief keeping them under control. I requested MadMike turn off all the admin/mod flags for my user name and tried to make it look like I was never there! I mean when a Camaro site set's up a freeking 'internet gamers forum' to make some of the new moderators happy,,, it's time for the old dogs to go sit on the porch and reminiss about the days when cars were important I guess. (and that's just one example! total foolishness going on over there) Anyways, I have nothing to do with that place any more so don't blame me as it self destructs!!!

JakeShoe is Jake Shoemake, he and Steve Oldani are probably two of the sharpest transmission minds I've found on the internet. Before anyone get's ruffeled feathers, yes there are millions of great trans people, but few make such a internet presence and freely offer advice as Seve and Jake. Oldani is a BTE guy (which I have BIG issues with) and Jake runs a shop in Texas (when he's not in Iraq playing 'security' as one of uncle sams contractors) Jake builds one of the best -R4 and 4L- transmisions I've heard of. And good people that stands behind his work and product (which I won't bash BTE here, but use your imagination!!! I've got a $3200 reason for not saying that about BTE).

Isn't there another sanctioning body that allows drivers to change lanes in front of each other?,, Oh yeah,, I remember... NASCAR LOL All I can say is good luck with that. Too scarey for me!

Old 07-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #14
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Thanks for the link . I have a 2004r for my 67' and need a good rebuild . I also backed away from the site and don't blame you .

Anyway , I will be going and watching sunday night as it looks like 4 or 5 nice match races are lined up . There is kinda a group of regulars and it's fun .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)