The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #26
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Looking for feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracing15 View Post
Hey Larry I am going to look at a 99 Silverado Z-71 Ex-Cab With a manual sift Transfer case. My ? is What is wrong with this trans case or is it just the way it is shifted into four wheel drive?

Sorry to Hijack this thread but I would like to know this before I go and look at this truck Friday. Thanks.
Sorry...I didn't see this thread.. There is nothing wrong with the manual shift t-case. That is the desirable one! The electric shift with the buttons is the less than sterling system.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #27
wasteaway

Re: Looking for feedback

I got one. Thanks for info guys. I think I got a decent deal. The stealer was crying the blues. "No way you can get a 4WD for that price. Can I interest you in a 2x4?" And, "We came down from $13,600. KBB is $13,750. $12k is the best we can do." I held firm at $10,500 and they shook my hand. I told them right up front "lets not play games. What do I have to pay." Got the whole shpeehl, manager came out, all the BS. They kept saying "help us out here." I said I thought I was in the driver's seat and I didn't have to pay any more than that but if they didn't agree I would keep looking, no hard feelings. Guess they wanted a sale more than I wanted that truck. The place was a gost town. Sold.

The miles are high but I don't rack up too many as its a third vehicle. Maybe 5k per year. Someone commuted with it. Maybe not the perfect truck for me, but close enough. I like the crank windows. Should never quit. Manual t-case. I'll Line-x it. Got a line on a headboard today, maybe some tires and wheels. Would like to see some pics of others with slightly wider/bigger tires. Its 3.42 so I wouldn't think of anything big. 4x4 decals will go. We'll see.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true
wasteaway is offline   Reply With Quote