The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:40 AM   #51
bigblock73
yeller

Re: Slick 77

I applaud you for fixing the fence, but everything else you did was just plain idiotic and you should be embarrassed for your actions.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #52
Papi Chulo

All I Can Say is,, That Was the Stupidest Thing You Could Do

You See A Cop, Think "I Don't Have Insurance, So Let's Drive Illegally To Try and Lose Him" Obvoiusly you Lack any Judgement at All

It Frightens Me to Know that People like You are Out on the Road I wish You didnot Have a lisense.

Papi Chulo
Old 07-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #53
BACKYARD88
On the fast track to nowhere..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi Chulo View Post

You See A Cop, Think "I Don't Have Insurance, So Let's Drive Illegally To Try and Lose Him" Obvoiusly you Lack any Judgement at All

It Frightens Me to Know that People like You are Out on the Road I wish You didnot Have a lisense.

Papi Chulo
I understand your discontent, but I think this was a little harsh for your first post. BTW, from South Texas

Norwood, Houston, Cecilia, Jackson, Monroe and counting
Old 07-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #54
Square84
I don't think these pills work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKYARD88 View Post
I understand your discontent, but I think this was a little harsh for your first post. BTW, from South Texas
see his ford emblem he may have joined just to post that comment?
Old 07-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #55
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square84 View Post
see his ford emblem he may have joined just to post that comment?
Looks like he joined in March 08. A little harsh for a first post I agree, but is he really off his rocker for feeling that way?
Old 07-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #56
BACKYARD88
On the fast track to nowhere..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
Looks like he joined in March 08. A little harsh for a first post I agree, but is he really off his rocker for feeling that way?
He's entitled to his opinion, I just think it could have been worded differently so as to not be derogatory. The only things hurt here were Matt and a few fence posts We all (including Matt) know it was a bad decision and could have been much worse. He paid for it in more ways than one and I'm sure it's not something he intends on doing again in the future. I can remember doing some dumb things when I was younger(maybe not this bad but I was a goody goody). Honestly, if one bad decision resulted in the loss of a license there'd be a whole lot more buses on the road What it all boils down to is we are all friends here and should treat each other with the respect we'd like to get back, disagreements are bound to arise but if we all think about what we're typing we can all get along just peachy

Norwood, Houston, Cecilia, Jackson, Monroe and counting
Old 07-13-2008, 11:45 PM   #57
Square84
I don't think these pills work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKYARD88 View Post
He's entitled to his opinion, I just think it could have been worded differently so as to not be derogatory. The only things hurt here were Matt and a few fence posts We all (including Matt) know it was a bad decision and could have been much worse. He paid for it in more ways than one and I'm sure it's not something he intends on doing again in the future. I can remember doing some dumb things when I was younger(maybe not this bad but I was a goody goody). Honestly, if one bad decision resulted in the loss of a license there'd be a whole lot more buses on the road What it all boils down to is we are all friends here and should treat each other with the respect we'd like to get back, disagreements are bound to arise but if we all think about what we're typing we can all get along just peachy
i agree weve all done stuff we shouldn't have done. its whether or not we learn from the mistakes.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:06 AM   #58
rod86
great southern land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi Chulo View Post

Papi Chulo

dude take a step back - thats your first post - take notes from the other guys on here before you become unliked.

86 chevy c10 silverado
Old 07-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #59
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

uh we have all done stupid things.. no not me never....never played bumer tag in the early hours with the lights out...nope not me..lol...im sure a few of us are lucky to have lived long enough to get out of our teens.... glad your ok, truck and be fixed, or another one bought to replace it......
Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #60
redneckgirl

Matt....you know I love ya man....and it's a shame about the truck......but it is a lesson learned. Thank God you weren't hurt...or anyone else...or a cow...
I think you are a smart enough guy to know not to do this again!!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #61
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Glad to see you was not hurt.....In my best judgement...just from the pics that frame is probably up in the rear....(kick Up )..Hence the bed kissing the cab.......I would also advise that you TRAM the frame and not rely on a tape measure alone.....I am not saying its so fixable....but 5 years pulling frames all day and a additional 5 doing body work......things are not as they appear........Good Luck......And we are all here for ya......
Old 07-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #62
Spray-Bomb
Texas Big Wig

Thanks Red, at least you understand the kind of person I am

Bad, I agree & to honest when I go to rebuild the truck I will prolly only use one bedside & the vin plate

I have almost all of the parts laying around to do it, I just dont have the time or money to do so right now

Killer
Old 07-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #63
GMBowtie79
Surviving, one day at a time!

That sucks about the truck but nobody got hurt, the trucks replacable and don't let some peoples harshness get to you. Everybody has done things that probably looking back on they wonder what the he!! was I thinkin! If they say differently there most likely full of s#!t. Ya live, learn and try not to hurt anyone til you die and thats the best we can do as people. Good luck
Old 07-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #64
Shane
Account Suspended

You're an idiot for running from the police over no insurance. It could have very well been a car full of kids you hit AND KILLED as opposed to Farmer Browns fence.

P.S. this isn't my first post ...
Old 07-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #65
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBowtie79 View Post
That sucks about the truck but nobody got hurt, the trucks replacable and don't let some peoples harshness get to you. Everybody has done things that probably looking back on they wonder what the he!! was I thinkin! If they say differently there most likely full of s#!t. Ya live, learn and try not to hurt anyone til you die and thats the best we can do as people. Good luck
I'll agree that most of us have done stupid stuff, but stupid stuff generally effects only the person doing the deed. I held my comments earlier but I'll share my experience . . .....

I would be willing to bet if he hit your truck & couldn't cover the cost, you would have a slightly less forgiving nature. I was hit by someone doing something stupid (running from the police in an attempt to not get busted for street racing). It cost me my vehicle (they didn't have insurance), my time (no vehicle meant I was forced to walk or ride a bike 12miles to work) & was one of those wrecks where you either only get a scratch.... or die.

Street racing & then running from the police in a vehicle that you know is illegal (having no insurance) is beyond "stupid stuff"; it's three different crimes. He put others @ risk, not just himself so the impact will be felt from others opinions.

The ironic part of my story..... I was hit by a 69 Chevy truck. The money I saved (while being forced to walk to work) bought my first 67-72 which I still own 21yrs later.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #66
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

I think it's time we put this one to rest.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Closed Thread