The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
cajundragger

need help on my '52

Im painting my truck next week and I have some questions. I want to get the windows working in the doors but I don't know how the doors go together.

I have new weatherstrips/window tracks and a passenger regulator(need to find a drivers). I understand the regulator bolts to the door and goes in the channel that hooks to the window. The window rides in the track. Thats all easy obvious stuff.

How does the track attach to the door? Im switching to 1-piece windows so I did order the windows tracks for an early model truck but Im just confused on how the tracks go in the door.

Any help is appreciated.
cajundragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
cajundragger

Re: need help on my '52

is there any kind of clip that attaches the track in the door? Thats what Im wondering...
Old 07-16-2008, 01:00 AM   #3
mr48chev

Someone might have a copy of the assembly manual that they can scan the correct pages off.
even though my truck has few original parts (no original mechanical parts) I have been going to pick up one of these manuals. It is a copy of the original assembly manual. The price looks a tad spendy but if it answers a few questions it would be well worth it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1947-...mZ110265778101

If it were me I would paint the truck and then install the glass.

Did you replace the doors with earlier doors or you cutting the tab out of your doors and modifying them to take the one piece glass? The inside window frames are different too on these. The inside felt won't fit right with the later window frames. Also you will have to get and install the front metal channel that the window channel fits in to make it work.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
cajundragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Someone might have a copy of the assembly manual that they can scan the correct pages off.
even though my truck has few original parts (no original mechanical parts) I have been going to pick up one of these manuals. It is a copy of the original assembly manual. The price looks a tad spendy but if it answers a few questions it would be well worth it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1947-...mZ110265778101

If it were me I would paint the truck and then install the glass.

Did you replace the doors with earlier doors or you cutting the tab out of your doors and modifying them to take the one piece glass? The inside window frames are different too on these. The inside felt won't fit right with the later window frames. Also you will have to get and install the front metal channel that the window channel fits in to make it work.
I have the 50-53 doors that I was going to modify.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
robin58

I'd be more than happy to scan and send you the pictures from the manual but they all only show the later model doors.

I'd assume though that figuring out how the channel attaches in the 50-53 doors isn't the issue but that you want to see how it was done in the earlier models without vent windows?
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
cajundragger

I think Im just going to order the no-limit kit.