The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
prg machine

window seals and fuzzys

I have read all of the FAQs that I can find on the door window regulator assembly , window glass and vent instalation....................I am wondering how much info there is for installing the rest of the seals and fuzzys in the door after the glass is in. Is it pretty much straight forward or are there tricks to installing the seals and fuzzys?

Any tips are greatly appreciated since I have never done any of this before,. the wing assembly channel obviously gets the fuzzy n it before it goes in the door and it seems simple enough.. I was thinking of using a little contact cement in the channel just to be sure (if it is even necessary) that the fuzzy stays in.

Any photos would be great as well.

Thanks
Crane roller cam lifters and rockers ,1.6 intake ratio, Open chamber heads, 9.5-1 compression ratio, 2.02 intake valves , Edelbrock performer Air Gap manifold Carter AFB performer 750cfm, MSD ignition, SM465 NP205 4.10 gears:
prg machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: window seals and fuzzys

There should be some clips on the back side of the "fuzzies" that fit into the slots near the top of the door, inside and out. In addition, there may be one or two screws used to help hold it in place.

It ain't no big deal, just do it with the window down.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
Dingfodgy
Lemme show you something!!

I've done this twice and both times the inside felts were about 1" too long. I made sure to tuck it behind the door channel and marked where it hit the vent wing division bar. Use some tin-snips to cut it at the same angle the division bar lays and it should just snap right into the slots in the top of the door. Also it'll take some finangling, but it's important that all the clips are seated at the same time...or your gonna warp the scrapers and have a bear of a time getting everything to line up.
'95 BMW 325i ("Joy")
Dingfodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #4
prg machine

I think I follow you on that part............you are refering to the inside and outside anti-rattle strips ( that's what Brothers calls them) they mount to the top of thedoor along where your arm rests with window open. How about the channel looking seal that runs along the top of the closed window inside the door channel where the window closes up to the top.??? There are some slots in one end of mine back a foot or 18 inches. Does this go to the front of the door?
Crane roller cam lifters and rockers ,1.6 intake ratio, Open chamber heads, 9.5-1 compression ratio, 2.02 intake valves , Edelbrock performer Air Gap manifold Carter AFB performer 750cfm, MSD ignition, SM465 NP205 4.10 gears:
Old 07-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
Woobie

Just did this on my truck. The slots will fall in the curved area of the window frame. I started at the vent window and worked my way back, and that's where those slots wind up. Was a fairly straightforward job.

Regards,
Paul
2007 Xterra (Wife's ride)

R.I.P. "ESLL"
Woobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
Sinister
Between Trucks...

I just did the fuzzies on my truck. There was a left side and a right side one. (i.e. one seemed to line up better with the slots on a particular window then the other.)
Old 07-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
prg machine

goin after it right now...............I am doing the window anti rattles first.(I think that is the corect order??)
Old 07-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #8
JimKshortstep4x4

I do the anti rattle strips last.

The vertical seal on the vent window frame is done with the frame out and is glued in with trim adhesive.

The window seal can be glued also, as sometimes it will move if you don't glue it.

Jim
1971 Shortbox step side 4x4, 350 sbc, 3:07 rear end
1965 Impala SS 400 sbc, Muncie rock crusher
1966 Impala SS 396 bbc, TH 400
1969 El Camino, 350 sbc, TH 350
1971 Snowplow built on a Blazer frame
1972 GMC Short bed, stepside, TH 400, 427 BBC
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #9
prg machine

Okay, well it went okay on the one side.
Now ,what happened was there was a little extra length to the rear of the wiper and the fuzzy strip that fits on the inside of the window, since I did these first...... I didn't realize it could be a problem.......I had them in and then found out that the long u channel shaped fuzzy that goes across the top and then down inside the back channel down in the door was going to be pinched closed at the intersection of where it passed between the door anti-rattle wiper stuff. I couldn't dream of removing those strips without destroying something , so i cut the large channel fuzzy just above and below the side anti-rattles to make it work. Turned out okay, but on the other side i will make darn sure that the length is trimmed on that back side first before i instal the large channel fuzzy.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #10
prg machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKshortstep4x4 View Post
I do the anti rattle strips last.

The vertical seal on the vent window frame is done with the frame out and is glued in with trim adhesive.

The window seal can be glued also, as sometimes it will move if you don't glue it.

Jim
I did the other side as you suggested and was able to trim the anti-rattle strips to fit and it went a whole lot better in this order.