The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
staggerd86c-10
Squarebody Aficionado

A/C troublelo

Ok like i mentioned in my other post i would explain about my a/c problems. It seems like an easy fix the only this is im not sureof how to hook up the vacuum lines that go connected to the a/c to make it blow out of the dash vents instead of the floor does anyone have a diagram for this? its blowing really cold but my feet are the only thing getting cold, it blows a bit out of the dash vents but i would like it to be vice-versa blow hard from the dash and a bit down on the floor. let me know what i can do to fix this. thanks
staggerd86c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Re: A/C troublelo

IIRC, there should be a thin, hard, black plastic line coming out of the firewall that hooks to a vaccum source under the hood. If that is connected, check the line to make sure it is not broken at some point.

From there, I guess you would check the pieces it connects to to make sure that there are no broken diaphragms and that the stuff they push and pull on is functioning properly. I don't know the details. Fortunately, that is oprobably the only thing that has never broken on my truck.

Slonaker
Old 07-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
staggerd86c-10
Squarebody Aficionado

Re: A/C troublelo

i know where the line is and i know its not connected but i know it has a "t" on it i know i would have to put one end on the vacuum canister but i have no idea to where the other end would go i thought it was to a small module that is mounted on the firewall.
staggerd86c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote