The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
drivethechevy

roof patch help

im looking at buying a new dd its a hugger orange white roofed 1970 gmc 2500 custom camper special with a tow package and a 400 small block that will be on the chopblock if i buy the truck its realy rust free with a great dd body, but the inside of the truck on the ceiling above the windsheild is rusted, i have a junk cab that has a good roof

what i need to know is what is the best way to replace the roof i was thinking i would have to cut the roof off at the bottom of the window pillars and at the seam at the back of the roof.

if any one has done a repair like this and has pictures or other ways of going about it would really help me alot thanks
nate

1971 chevy k10 custom deluxe
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=341257
1968 chevy k/10 fleet
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=334731
1948 desoto custom coupe fluid drive(family heirloom)
drivethechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.
Re: roof patch help

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivethechevy View Post
im looking at buying a new dd its a hugger orange white roofed 1970 gmc 2500 custom camper special with a tow package and a 400 small block that will be on the chopblock if i buy the truck its realy rust free with a great dd body, but the inside of the truck on the ceiling above the windsheild is rusted, i have a junk cab that has a good roof

what i need to know is what is the best way to replace the roof i was thinking i would have to cut the roof off at the bottom of the window pillars and at the seam at the back of the roof.

if any one has done a repair like this and has pictures or other ways of going about it would really help me alot thanks
nate
I see nobody came up with a response. Some time back there was a thread about someone doing that. I don't remember who it was but here's a bump for you to see if someone can remember.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote