The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
Thunder Head

Good day and a bad day

I had to haul off the trash today and the closest place is the scrap metal yard. There were trailors loaded down with scrap metal in a long line. I looked all the way to the front of the line and what did I see.......a 71 custom cab (complete) loaded on a trailor headed to the crusher pile. I've been looking for the chrome below the back glass and around the back glass for a while. Well, this one has it. I grab my tools and once unloaded I start getting what I need. They are all over this thing and ready to destroy it. Another truck (55 or 56 Chev) comes sliding by me being pushed by a bobcat. It looks like it was a fine truck. It needed restoring but it was really solid. Both trucks and a frontend for a 69 lasted about another 20 minutes before meeting their maker. Only good news is I didnt get killed trying to get my chrome but I got it.

What have you guys been seeing at the crusher?
Thunder Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Chevyman680063

Re: Good day and a bad day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Head View Post
I had to haul off the trash today and the closest place is the scrap metal yard. There were trailors loaded down with scrap metal in a long line. I looked all the way to the front of the line and what did I see.......a 71 custom cab (complete) loaded on a trailor headed to the crusher pile. I've been looking for the chrome below the back glass and around the back glass for a while. Well, this one has it. I grab my tools and once unloaded I start getting what I need. They are all over this thing and ready to destroy it. Another truck (55 or 56 Chev) comes sliding by me being pushed by a bobcat. It looks like it was a fine truck. It needed restoring but it was really solid. Both trucks and a frontend for a 69 lasted about another 20 minutes before meeting their maker. Only good news is I didnt get killed trying to get my chrome but I got it.

What have you guys been seeing at the crusher?
Should have jumped on those 2 trucks and then turned around and sold them on here to someone who wouldn't have crushed them. I can understand that everything is expensive right now and that the prices are high on scrap but a classic vehicle is not scrap in my opinion, unless it's really rusted and banged up. I think I need to go by the local junkyard and see if any of those 67-72's are still there and if that 55-57 tow truck is still there. They should crush the newer junk cars if they want scrap and not the classics.
Chevyman680063 is offline   Reply With Quote