The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-10-2003, 10:13 PM   #1
smokinn

Nothing but trouble!!!

I had a alarm put on my truck last friday. Nothing fancy just something to protect the truck. Well today I had to take it back to have fixed because the dang thing after you disarm it it would rearm it's self and go off. So they fixed that problem. Tonight my wife and I were going to go out to dinner and take the truck. Guess what? No lights. No headlights, marker lights nothing. Tomorrow I will be taking the truck back and telling them to fix it RIGHT NOW!!! if they can't and I have to come back I will be telling them that when I come back they will be taking the alarm out and giving me my money back. Has anyone had problems with alarms? Sorry just had to vent.

Jason
smokinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:31 PM   #2
Cole's 87

I didnt have a problem with the alarm as much as I did with the people who installed it. When I had a 97 Intrepid after having a new system put in the car the alarm came next I picked a viper with remote start. They said a few hrs ,they had my car for 2 days because of some relay they had to overnight from Viper. Either way it all boils down to craftsmanship & customer service which alot of companies dont know the meaning of. Sorry your having sooooo much truoble it akes all the fun out of getting new stuff. Mabey they will fix it right this time.
Cole's 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:43 AM   #3
apstguy
LED King

I have a Clifford Matrix alarm and it has been great. I have had it installed for about a year and have had no trouble. In fact, the only reason I went back to the place I got it installed was so that could change some settings VIA special computer (for personalization) I have had fun trying to adjust the shock sensor. I would hate for one of those relay to go out, they are dangleing everywhere Guess it is just who installs it - make sure they are certified!

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:24 AM   #4
87gmc
I Got My Engine!!!!!

Nope never had any trouble, my opinion is that why spend 100-200 dollars to have someone else put it in. Do it yourself, i did mine and have no trouble at all with it pluss its cheaper with out the install price. Very easy to do. thats my $0.02 on the subject. Sorry to hear your having problems though.
1987 GMC HIGH SIERRA LWB 1500

32X11.50
383 TBI/Vortec Heads/Intake
MSD Ignition
Dual Exhaust
Custom Pinstriping
Sweet interior & stereo
http://www.cgalvin29.freehomepage.com
87gmc is offline   Reply With Quote