The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
haysonj

Transmission sealer

I have a rebuilt T 400 new converter and it seems to have one or two drips out the front seal area every time I drive it. Anyone have any knowledge about these sealers or am I looking at pulling the trans. Might be easier pulling the engine due to it being a 4x4 with Gear Vendor OD and true X exhaust
Old 08-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: Transmission sealer

never ever put any kind of mystery oil/mechanic in a can in a GOOD tranny. (fresh rebuild)
Most of them do as they are advertised, however, its the stuff they DON'T advertise that shortens the life of the tranny.
Tripple check where your leak is coming from, and then take action. Don't forget to check the dipstick tube, speedo gear housing (not likely since you describe a front leak). But look at everything you can before spending engine pulling labor into it.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
haysonj

Re: Transmission sealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
never ever put any kind of mystery oil/mechanic in a can in a GOOD tranny. (fresh rebuild)
Most of them do as they are advertised, however, its the stuff they DON'T advertise that shortens the life of the tranny.
Tripple check where your leak is coming from, and then take action. Don't forget to check the dipstick tube, speedo gear housing (not likely since you describe a front leak). But look at everything you can before spending engine pulling labor into it.
Definetly from the front . I have the dust cover off and if I park it down hill it will spill a couple drops over night.

Last edited by haysonj; 08-10-2008 at 01:48 PM.
haysonj is offline   Reply With Quote