The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
W. Higgins

'71 GMC -- correct reproduction seat kit.

I was wondering if the reupholstering kits from LMC are correct with regard to embossing, etc. My truck originally had vinyl/cloth on the front seat, but I think I'm going to go back with all vinyl for a number of reasons. I'd like to hear from anyone that has had experience with their kits, or the kits others are selling, and their recommendations.
W. Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: '71 GMC -- correct reproduction seat kit.

The pattern is correct and I have one from the same producer that LMC sells.Stay away from the economy one.That`s what the guy sold me and it`s a poor fit,too small.The piping doesn`t lay on the edgeds and the material is real cheap/thin.
I took mine out and died it to set in the tow truck I`m selling.I now have an old original Custom Cloth set in there until I get a quality cover.
You should check the Vendors list on this site.I`m sure you will sane on shipping since LMC goes with total money and not weight,like everybody else.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
W. Higgins

So that would be what they call the "Super Value" kit? I had not even noticed that until you mentioned it. I was looking at the one on this page:

http://www.lmctruck.com/ICATALOG/CB/full.aspx?Page=103

Though I'm probably not going to use it, I was still wondering -- is the Vinyl/Houndstooth kit correct? The original one in my truck has scroll work on the vinyl section between the fabric inserts and these don't seem to show that.

I'll also check that vendors list. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

The Custom Cloth seat had the scroll in the center vinyl that came up and makes a u-turn back down.It`s also the same vinyl as used on the plaid cloth`72 Highlander seat.The CheyenneSuper/SierraGrande herringbone cover has no scroll.The all vinyl Cheyenne/Sierra seat has the scroll within the seating area with pleats in-between within the piping.That`s the area that is peplaced with cloth on the upper-scale seats.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #5
W. Higgins

You're a wealth of information, sir. So, if I might ask -- my truck is a 2500 Super Custom -- are any manufacturers making either the correct cloth/vinyl, or all vinyl cover for my specific seat?

My main reason for switching to all vinyl is I'm not much of a cloth person, and since I intend to use my truck, if I accidentally get in it with a big blob of grease on me, it will simply wipe off. I'd still like to keep it as correct as possible.

Thanks for your help!