The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
Throwback

Decision Time

Well i am in a rut right now. My parents are yelling at me cause my 63 is an 'eye-sore.' I 've had it home since June 25th and nothing has been done to it. Don't have time or money. Workin 14 hour days and money is going to paying off college loans. I got an estimate from a scrap yard and they told me i could get 500 from them for it. I thought about parting it out but there really isn;t much to part out on it. I had a guy offer me 350 for the truck but he backed out after a week or so of bidding on the price. so what should i do. Part the truck out or sell it all together or take it to the ole scrap yard?
Throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:20 AM   #2
leftcoast66

Re: Decision Time

I'd love to see as many of these trucks parted out and helping keep the ones still around running, but at the same time life gets in the way and sometimes you gotta do the tough thing and sell it to the scrap yard as is. Especially if you don't got the time to do anything with it to begin with, parting it wouldn't be any different I'd think. Sadly I'd say in your predicimate if you can't find someone to buy the whole thing, scrapping it is all you really can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback View Post
Well i am in a rut right now. My parents are yelling at me cause my 63 is an 'eye-sore.' I 've had it home since June 25th and nothing has been done to it. Don't have time or money. Workin 14 hour days and money is going to paying off college loans. I got an estimate from a scrap yard and they told me i could get 500 from them for it. I thought about parting it out but there really isn;t much to part out on it. I had a guy offer me 350 for the truck but he backed out after a week or so of bidding on the price. so what should i do. Part the truck out or sell it all together or take it to the ole scrap yard?
leftcoast66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:23 AM   #3
Throwback

Thing is, I have plans for it, just in order for those plans to happen, i must pay off my college loans. I mean hell, I can't even afford to go to mc donalds without worrying about am i gonna have enough money to get to work this week?
Throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:34 AM   #4
Frizzle Fry

Put an ad on craigslist and sell it whole. You should be able to get at least the $350 the other guy was offering if it's fairly complete. Then at least it has a chance to survive.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote