The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2008, 12:54 AM   #1
scotty101

Looking for more help.

Well I started putting my engine of 87 V20 back on my frame tonight and ran into some questions. I am wondering the torque specs for the 4 bolts that connect the tranny to the transfer case. Is there a web site where I can find more torque specs my service manual does not have all the ones that I am hoping to find? My second question is once again a very simple one. I am wondering how so install the power steering pump pully. There appears to be some threat in the shaft that one might be able to pull it on with a bolt but I cant find a bolt that fits right. I tried metric and standard. Can someone help me out please i really want to finish a bunch of this stuff before i leave for college. Thanks Guys!!
scotty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
f.monroe

Re: Looking for more help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty101 View Post
Well I started putting my engine of 87 V20 back on my frame tonight and ran into some questions. I am wondering the torque specs for the 4 bolts that connect the tranny to the transfer case. Is there a web site where I can find more torque specs my service manual does not have all the ones that I am hoping to find? My second question is once again a very simple one. I am wondering how so install the power steering pump pully. There appears to be some threat in the shaft that one might be able to pull it on with a bolt but I cant find a bolt that fits right. I tried metric and standard. Can someone help me out please i really want to finish a bunch of this stuff before i leave for college. Thanks Guys!!
There is a power steering pump pulley install tool that you can usually borrow or rent from the parts store to install it . I would attempt to use one so as not to damage it . I am sure someone else can help with the first question as I do not know .
Frank