The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
willis0107
67lwb

67 c20 on 77 blazer frame?

Is it possible guys? I just bought a 77 1/2ton blazer frame complete with axles and plan on transplanting the body from my 67 c20 onto it. I know that body mounts will have to be fabricated. I am wanting to put a flat bed on so the length is not to much of an issue I am just hoping that the wheels line up with the fenders in front. Anybody seen anything like this done before?
willis0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
ChaseDale3and8

Re: 67 c20 on 77 blazer frame?

Send a PM to Mudder. His '67 has a 70's frame under it. He can give you the info you need to put your cab on a later model frame. ...Joe

Last edited by ChaseDale3and8; 08-30-2008 at 06:28 PM.
ChaseDale3and8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
willis0107
67lwb

ok so i did some research on this last night. the wheel base on the 77 blazer frame is 106.5" the wheel base on a 67 Chevy is 115" for a short bed. All in all i think that I will be ok as far as the body is concerned. I am looking at a 6 inch lift for the 77 and then running a set of 33's but i may only go with 4 inches of lift. My only issue that i think that i may run into is on the front end. I may have to refab some of the mountings for items such as the radiator core support and then the fender mounts. i am saying this because the front clip may have to be moved either forward or back just slightly in order to obtain a good wheel to fender clearance. I am planing on running 1/2 ton axles under this but may upgrade just due to the larger tire size that i plan on using. My other issue that i think that i may possibly have is getting the truck titled. As it is right now i bought the truck from California the seller said he had the title to make a long story short when I went to title the truck it had not been signed over to the new owner or he had never re titled it in his name. so not the truck is in my name but i have no title for it due to the hole having to have all prior owners turn it over to me. so no title. Missouri says that I can obtain a title if i have to buy a major component for the vehicle and can provide a bill of sale. I will have the bill of sale for my major component ( frame, engine) I know that it will only receive a title if it can pass the state patrol inspection. Has anyone ever had to do this before? I have always been lucky to have the title in hand. and now I have done all this work to this truck and no title. I have even thought of buying another old 67-72 chevy that is getting ready to go to the crusher that has a title and use all the info that i can off of that for my 67. What would you all do in a situation like this?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
Mudder

I am moving this to the 4x4 area. Lots of good info there.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #5
Mudder

I talke to the SHP when I changed mine over. One of the troopers here called the guy that inpsects and let me talk to him. They told me to keep all titles bill of sales, etc. and don't bring it up there to get inspected. They can usually find something wrong. If you would like to call me one evening u can find my number in the contact list or pm me for my numbers.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
willis0107
67lwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
I talke to the SHP when I changed mine over. One of the troopers here called the guy that inpsects and let me talk to him. They told me to keep all titles bill of sales, etc. and don't bring it up there to get inspected. They can usually find something wrong. If you would like to call me one evening u can find my number in the contact list or pm me for my numbers.

Mudder. If I read this right then all that I will need is the regular state inspection then just take all my bill of sales into the license office and they can do it there? I know that it will be some time before I am ready to get a title for the truck or to even get it on the road. I just do not want to tie a bunch of money into the truck and then not be able to get a title for it.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
Mudder

You need to check into getting a lost title for your cab if you don't have one. I was lucky in that I knew the person owning my cab before I got it and they got it for me which was really easy for them.