The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
hewlett2002000

working on my truck a little....

I finally got the truck i was working on for a friend out of the shop. i got my shop sorta clean and moved my truck over to the center again. i have no money at the moment so im doing what i can. in short im bored and miss working on my truck. lol i put a new painless wiring harness in right before the tear down but i never did like the way i ran the wires. also it was a 18 circuit harness (picked it up at a swap meet brand new). when i put it in i thought in my mind "i think i should leave these ridiculous amounts of unneeded wire wrapped and hanging under my dash". smart huh? lol i figured i might use it one day. but when i got it all in the truck, the wires were hanging from under the dash and looked like crap. so i pulled the harness again and cut back all the unneeded wires (power windows, locks, cruise control, ect...). i left the four hot wires for the power windows and locks, i just cut them to about 6 inches out of the fuse block so there not hanging, then taped them off. ill use those for my cb, my really loud Dixie horn, and stuff like that. the rest of the unneeded wires i cut at the fuse block to avoid shorts. also im cleaning my firewall and getting it ready for paint. when i get some money im taking my block to the machine shop to get it checked for cracks and bored .30 over. it also needs a complete front end rebuild. its been converted to disc already but needs calipers and rotors. in the near future its getting a disc brake rear end that is five lug to match the front, but thats not required to get it on the road thereby it goes on the back burner. i have a used th350 that had 50,000 miles on it, but judging by the engine that was attached they were easy miles. im still worried it wont hold up to the fresh 350 im building. planning about 300hp. guess ill find out when i get it in. ive added up the cost and i should be able to get my truck together and on the road (safely) for $1500. the rest of the things i want to do can get done along the way. i found some rust i did not know was there but nothing bad. heres some pics. just wanted to share my progress.
thanks for reading,
John
Attached Images

3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
hewlett2002000

Re: working on my truck a little....

more...
Attached Images

3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Re: working on my truck a little....

Well it's about time !!!

JK man !!

Look'n good !!

Good idea on leaving '+' wires handy...you might need them someday for something.

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"

Last edited by ChiefRocka; 09-28-2008 at 03:36 PM.
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote