The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #26
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: I think this is beyond unacceptable. *****************

When ever I have problems(never dealt with SSD) I usually call back and ask what's up? Whenever i think I'm getting the run around i ask to speak to someone further up the food chain.I have almost always been able to resolve problems this way.The trick is to stay calm, be respectful and put the person in your shoes.If you ordered parts ,and aasked if they were in stock,someone should have told you yes or no.If they didn't then they have fouled up your schedule,point this out to the person trying to resolve the problem.Usually they have been in your shoes and didn't like it.I find that once the dealers rep understands why you are angry they generally try to make it right or at least work it out the best they can.I have gotten free shipping,etc. using this method.
If you allow your anger to show it usually means a shouting match where no one wins.

I see you posted while I was a huntin' and peckin',Try asking them to have Jason call you since you have not been able to catch him.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 09-17-2008 at 02:30 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:33 PM   #27
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
When ever I have problems(never dealt with SSD) I usually call back and ask what's up? Whenever i think I'm getting the run around i ask to speak to someone further up the food chain.I have almost always been able to resolve problems this way.The trick is to stay calm, be respectful and put the person in your shoes.If you ordered parts ,and aasked if they were in stock,someone should have told you yes or no.If they didn't then they have fouled up your schedule,point this out to the person trying to resolve the problem.Usually they have been in your shoes and didn't like it.I find that once the dealers rep understands why you are angry they generally try to make it right or at least work it out the best they can.I have gotten free shipping,etc. using this method.
If you allow your anger to show it usually means a shouting match where no one wins.

I see you posted while I was a huntin' and peckin',Try asking them to have Jason call you since you have not been able to catch him.
Jason cant speed up the problem unfortunately. Basically whats going on is they are waiting for SMC's order to come to them... They have no idea when that will be.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #28
lowriden58

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
Bad mouthing? Im just stating the facts. No email, no notice what so ever. Nothing. Im just being honest and letting people know what happened.

Funny story is i ordered a part from early classics yesterday. they showed it in stock and i ordered. I get a call today on my personal cell phone from them stating it was back ordered and out 1 week.. ahaha. I said send it when it comes in, thanks for the call. THATS all i wanted...
in my honest opinion thats what it came off as... not trying to be a JA about it. just that you came on here expressing your anger towards them BEFORE ever picking up the phone and working it out with them.

Now had you called them prior to this whole thread being started thats a different story its been awhile since i actually picked up the phone to order something from them. usually i just do it online unless im in a hurry then i call them to verify if everything is there. right now i am waiting on some parts myself from SSD... im not worried about if/when the parts will show up cuz i know they ALWAYS stand behind their products/service, but they have no control over products that they carry like SMC,AVS etc etc

ok this novel is done

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...en58/001-2.jpg
lowriden58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #29
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowriden58 View Post
in my honest opinion thats what it came off as... not trying to be a JA about it. just that you came on here expressing your anger towards them BEFORE ever picking up the phone and working it out with them.

Now had you called them prior to this whole thread being started thats a different story its been awhile since i actually picked up the phone to order something from them. usually i just do it online unless im in a hurry then i call them to verify if everything is there. right now i am waiting on some parts myself from SSD... im not worried about if/when the parts will show up cuz i know they ALWAYS stand behind their products/service, but they have no control over products that they carry like SMC,AVS etc etc

ok this novel is done
I worked things out with SD... He did admit that them not sending me a quick call or email about the parts being ordered was unacceptable, but everything they have done since that has been stellar.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #30
lowriden58

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
I worked things out with SD... He did admit that them not sending me a quick call or email about the parts being ordered was unacceptable, but everything they have done since that has been stellar.
thats good. and all it took was a phone call

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...en58/001-2.jpg
lowriden58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #31
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowriden58 View Post
thats good. and all it took was a phone call
Kinda....

Basically i disputed my claim cause i couldnt get ahold of them. Their site was down, no one returned emails. Come to find out they had updated everything and lost internet/ emails for about 3 days. Bad timing. Before they were responding almost immediately...
I then ordered what i didnt have from someone else, and now thats becoming a nightmare. ahaha.