The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2008, 01:47 AM   #1
LeDevil
A new C10 Addict!

Rear window removal

I'm wanting to remove my rear window completely so I can Tint it is there a easy was of doing this and being able to use the old seal? Trucks a 67' C10
LeDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:19 AM   #2
fine69

Re: Rear window removal

It can be done. I have done it.

Start at a corner inside the cab. Get some tools, screwdrivers(not sharp ones) and some lubricant. Dishsoap. Windex. Whatever.

Push the seal out slowly. Being careful not to scar or tear the seal.

Once you ge a little bit of it tucked outside you can begin to spray the crap out of the seal.

It helps soften it up.

Just keep tucking small parts of the seal out past the cab flange. It will take a while but it can be done.

Do the whole bottom of the seal. Then the sides. Then the glass will slide right out.

Goes back in the exact opposite. Bottom goes in first. The pull the seal back in ending at the top.

Its not fun, or easy.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:19 AM   #3
Lated

I agree, take your time and use a lot of dishsoap. The easiest way I've found to reinstall the window is to put a piece of 1/4" rope in the truck side of the seal on the top and sides leaving enough on each end to grab. Put the bottom of the window in first. With someone pushing on the window from the outside, get in the truck and slowly pull on the rope straight away from the window. The rope will pull the seal with it and it will pop right into place. Do a little on each side at a time and finish in the middle of the top. If you don't use the rope, you'll have to pry the seal in with a screwdriver or something similar and it's really easy to tear the seal, especially if you're reusing one. It works best if the other person is pushing on the window right where you are pulling on the rope. Hope this helps, and good luck.

'70 SWB Step-Side (More rust than metal)
Lated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
LeDevil
A new C10 Addict!

Thanks guys
LeDevil is offline   Reply With Quote