The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2001, 07:35 PM   #1
barbielowrider

Exclamation I need help, please!

Hey guys, I need some help. My mom decided to bring home a 1983 GMC Jimmy for me, but is in less than good condition. I need both rear quarter pannels raplaced, a new tail gate, a headliner, a new drivers seat, a new front grill, new floor mats/carpeting, new doors, should i go on? plus, there are pin holes in the floor, and it gets all wet under the mats when it rains. any suggestions on where to find parts/how to fix this thing would be greatly appreciated. feel free to e-mail me at barbielowrider@hotmail.com or onefasthoagie@hotmail.com thanks so much guys!
barbielowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 07:54 PM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Talking

barbielowrider,

Try all these places.
www.jcwhitney.com www.cheyennepickup.com www.yearone.com www.lmctruck.com www.73-87chevytrucks.com www.gmcpauls.com

Most of the places have free catalogues you can get in the mail.

For performance parts. www.jegs.com www.summitracing.com

For other Jimmy drivers www.coloradok5.com www.chevytalk.com

Welcome to the board.

------------------
Gerardo
1983 Custom Truck
TX Plates: "BAD BOW"
http://www.geocities.com/abetterchemist/
Old 09-10-2001, 09:06 PM   #3
worldofme

oi! I hope your mom didn't pay any money for that Jimmy. But now that you have it and if you are somewhat mechanically inclined and if you don't need brand new parts I would find a good junkyard with a decent selection of Jimmy's to get your doors, quarter panels, tailgate, grill and if you get lucky you might even find some good bucket seats in decent shape and there is always seat covers as well. anyways, hope you find everything you need for what sounds like a project vehicle.
worldofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 09:47 PM   #4
crossy
Oh,you can't buy that new

I even know where RED HILL is .first off check out ad # 595174685 on ebay and check out my interior and read the feedback about me so you know what i am about .I have been fooling with these trucks/blazers for 15+ and lived in Pottstown for 14 years and i know what you are up against. I wantto part out my 91 but i need to sell the interior first. I have darn near everything else you need to fix that also including a cherry tailgate with glass.i can also help with where to tell you to go to pick up replacemant floor panels and such or I may cut mine out . Hang in there . My phone number is in the ebay ad . I may get up that way again soon as I still go up there often to visit friends .I could buzz up there and survey the rust victim. DAVE
98 Vortec project.
94,3500,6.5L 4L80
81 SWB GMC POS finally gone
73 Pinto, stock, w/CragarSS's-eww
LOTS of Cummins trucks.
crossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 11:55 PM   #5
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

My .02 cents, make it run and stop good, then worry about the body and int. Scrape out any nasty goo from the seats and carpet, toss on $30 seat covers, take the carpet to a car wash and blast it with 4 bucks worth of high pressure water. Use a bottle of simple green on it too. Then shampoo it so your rig won't reek of simple green. As you find a good deal on this and that, get it. then eventually you'll have every thing you need to make your ride top dog. Nothing wron with a beater as long as it gets you to school/work in one piece.
Remember, paint don't get you to work.

------------------
The hot rod; a'69 G.M.C. Short/Fleet. 350 W/a heluva cam and nice stance. Still a beater though. Trying to clean up the left over damage from the Dope-Smokin-Old-Man...a real bummer. See it at http://geocities.com/andys_69_gmc/

The not rod; old beat up Mighty Morphin Power Ranger. (that's the ONLY cool way to say pos Ford Ranger)only purchased it for the gas mileage. (at least it's a V-6) And now it's for sale...2500 bucks or trade for inline '67 - '72.

I've been dubbed the Longhorn Freak/Fanatic/Expert, I just hope I can live up to it. Check out my Longhorn site at <A HREF="http://geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/8752/

" TARGET=_blank>http://geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/8752/

</A>
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 11:29 PM   #6
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Longhorn...I like your attitude! I am going to make my son read it before he starts his little project.
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 05:01 PM   #7
barbielowrider

Lightbulb

hey guys, thanks. this is gonna be one hell of a project, but i like a challenge. any more advice would be great. i will have to try to get some pics up on a web page so you guys can see what i am dealing with here. thanx again!
barbielowrider is offline   Reply With Quote