The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
steppside69

Question Air Bag prices

Hello All,
I have a question for just the basic for prices on air bags for 69 chevy truck. Been looking at vendor sites and was wondering what would be a good bang for the buck, I want air bags front and back but have a limited budget at the moment. What would be the best product for the lowest price and not compromise saftey at the same time? How much of a hassle would it be to just mount the bags and have no compressor? I have a swb stepside with coils on all 4 corners. Do't want to totally drop just a low stance is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the input.
steppside69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Air Bag prices

Your on the right track with your research. Just remember cheaper isn't always better when it comes to important parts of your vehicle. You don't want to put the "cheapest" brakes on your truck because they are an important safety item. A properly working air suspension can fall in that category too.

With that little disclaimer out of the way, yes you can run bags with nothing else. You can use cups or plates to mount the bags in the front, and bolt the bags to the trailing arms in the rear. You can run individual or T-ed lines to a schrader valve and adjust your ride height with your shop compressor.

It appears from your pic that your truck might be stock height or close to it. Before you add air bags, I would suggest that you do a static drop up front. Once you get it a bit lower, you can add bags to adjust.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote