The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #1
danman987123

wheels/tires and suspension together for project

I am in the process of building my truck...got the frame all together....its pretty much a cab/chassis. has the drivetrain and cab sitting on the rolling frame...now i would like to start lookin at suspension and wheels. for sure im getting 20's and it will be lowered lookin about a 255 in the front and a 285 in the back. now should i buy wheels put them on my truck with tires then mount the fender and measure the gap between tire and fender to see how much i would like to lower it.....OR do i just order spindles, springs, wheels,tires, put everything together and hope for the best?? please help me out especially the guys that have done the complete frame off's time after time project after project....is it easier just to buy,install,and hope for the best, or put together....measusure, order, take apart, install new parts....help me out please....sorry to write so much i just figured it needed some detail. truck is a 68 swb fleetside....fuel injected 350tpi 700r4 98 camaro rear....am using 5x4.75 bolt pattern all around....lookin for a stance pretty close to this truck.. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533285 guy used drop spindles and springs.

any help...thanks guys
danman987123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
danman987123

Re: wheels/tires and suspension together for project

i know i can also put my entire truck together then when im done go and buy the wheels and tires bolt them on then lower the truck to get rid of the gap on top of the tire but i dont want to do that. I would like to have my frame the rolling chassis completely done suspension,wheels tires, everything. you know when you see your project and it has the stance you love with the wheels and tires on it...thats the motivation right there
danman987123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 AM   #3
OARNGESI

Re: wheels/tires and suspension together for project

Either way should work deending how you prefer if you wana do the drop now just look through build threads till you find a truck with the stance and tires you like and simply copy what they did size of tire and size of drop
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote