The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2003, 11:39 PM   #101
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

What is the easiest way to get the old bushings out of the a arms and the easiest eway to get the new back in WITHOUT scratching the new powder coating?? Also when I put my airride on would it be best to leave the sway bar off??
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 08:33 PM   #102
Slammed '87

question's for 5-8 about bagged '83

Hey there, been to your site and love it! I have a couple question's about your '83. First off i am curious about how much the air'ed out bag dropped your truck after the 3" spindle. I currently have a 3" spindle and 4" (cut) spring, my lower A arm's are 1" off the ground. So as far as i can see i can only get about 1" lower with an airbag. I am also running a 15" rim with 235/60/R15, same as you (i believe), but in your pic's it look's as though you are tuckin about 2-3" more tire than i would be if i had bag's. Just wondering if u performed any other mod's to your front end to make it sit lower? or is it just an optical illusion?

In the rear of my truck now, i have a flip kit, 2" block, and removed 3 leaf spring's, (and c notch). When i bag my truck i plan to use the flip kit, shackles and hanger's, and a mono leaf spring. I know many people have went this route and does work, but i would just like some other input as to if this really is a good way to go or not. I have been told buy a couple of the shop's where i live, it is. I also am not planning on racing my truck or anything, just want it to scrape and turn a few head's! Well that's it for now, thks for any and all replies!!! Slammed '87
Slammed '87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:25 AM   #103
Izzy
Trucker.

Re: question's for 5-8 about bagged '83

Quote:
Originally posted by Slammed '87
Hey there, been to your site and love it! I have a couple question's about your '83. First off i am curious about how much the air'ed out bag dropped your truck after the 3" spindle. I currently have a 3" spindle and 4" (cut) spring, my lower A arm's are 1" off the ground. So as far as i can see i can only get about 1" lower with an airbag. I am also running a 15" rim with 235/60/R15, same as you (i believe), but in your pic's it look's as though you are tuckin about 2-3" more tire than i would be if i had bag's. Just wondering if u performed any other mod's to your front end to make it sit lower? or is it just an optical illusion?

In the rear of my truck now, i have a flip kit, 2" block, and removed 3 leaf spring's, (and c notch). When i bag my truck i plan to use the flip kit, shackles and hanger's, and a mono leaf spring. I know many people have went this route and does work, but i would just like some other input as to if this really is a good way to go or not. I have been told buy a couple of the shop's where i live, it is. I also am not planning on racing my truck or anything, just want it to scrape and turn a few head's! Well that's it for now, thks for any and all replies!!! Slammed '87
I lay A arm at about 30-40 psi so I have at least another 2-3" of play in the bags when I lay out. Once I get the raised crossmembers I will be able to take advantage of that wasted bag space.
It's no optical ilusion, I have 3" DJM spindles and an ART front cool ride kit, that's it.
I personally wouldn't suggest a monoleaf on anything. I have seen many a monoleaf on 2.2 4 bangin' turd s10's break a monoleaf. If they can do that imagine what a fullsize will do.
You could just get a square tube 4 link made to your spec by ***************** for under $215.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote