The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
60ratrod
yes, i do

engine swap

ok so its the end of day 3 for this guy. i've been pulling, swapping parts, and dropping in motors for the past 3 days. but all things considered, i'm making good progress. day 1 involved me pretty much unhooking, disconnecting, and unbolting everything except the motor mounts and bellhousing bolts, and that was 3 hours on my own and then having to go to watch after that, not to mention punching myself in the face with the butt of a flywheel spanner wrench(insert expletives here to include screaming OWWWW!!!). second day i actually got the motor out and started swapping parts on to the "new" motor, like the new edelbrock eps intake, my 1.5 roller tip rocker arms, water pumps, and cleaning parts. that was 5 hours, and again having to go to watch right after that. today i managed to get the new motor in and bolted up to the bell housing, and never realized how much of a pain in the a%^ those sandwich style mounts could be. but i managed to get almost everything hooked up and connected. so if i had just a few more hours on the 1st day i'd be driving my 72 rather than buying a 83 mercury cougar for the wife!
60ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote