The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #26
andrist1

Re: sport mirrors

Thanks Kenny for the picture. I will see for sure on Monday where I stand with my dolly-loma. Worst case if my cousin doesn't want to re-paint the doors I now can see if the Chevelle mirror bases cover the holes as the base seems longer and go with them. If that doesn't work I guess it's back to the dumbos.
andrist1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:27 AM   #27
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

I stopped by the Camaro Connection display today at the Houston Auto-Rama. They do make repops of those mirrors. They had the complete set with hardware for 34.95 per side. It looked like the mirrors housings were stamped and polished stainless, not cast and chrome like the originals. They were in a double plastic bag so it was hard to tell for sure.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:08 AM   #28
andrist1

Well, my cousin has declined my request to weld up the holes and re-paint the doors. Actually he got quite pissed at me for even asking! I probably should have mentioned earlier in the post that I had him paint my 75' Crystal Red Pearl from the 2008 Cadillac CTS which if any of you are painters and I assume some of you are it's a 3pt paint. A bit more labor intensive than just a base and a clear. SOOOO, I have decide to re-hang the "Dumbos" and live with them. There not as bad as I thought, but there not as classic as the sports. If any one is interested, I will be selling the sport mirrors. If not, I plan on putting them on Ebay later this week. Thanks again for your thoughts.
andrist1 is offline   Reply With Quote