The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Thursday3Elk

Air Conditioning Wiring???

I recently got a 66 that I am playing with...learning as I go! I am also new to the whole forum thing so please be patient!! I have had to basically rewire the entire truck...I am now on the A/C and there is a set of wires that were never plugged in to begin with. I got a wiring diagram book and it shows the wires are supposed to plug into the "control switch" on the diagram. On the diagram it shows the switch is to have 4 positions: Off, Low, Medium, and High. I have searched all under the dash and can't figure out where this switch PLUG IN is located. The control levers on my dash are the lever kind that go up and down labeled DEF, Fan, & Heat. The other knobs on the dash are: Air, Recirc Air, and ???. I believe the fan lever should be where the plugin is... but there is nothing there!? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Thursday3Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Re: Air Conditioning Wiring???

Thursday3Elk:

Welcome to the boards from Kansas City, KS.

Post a few pictures of the dash, the A/C box under the dash and the plug you are referring to. I have several factory A/C trucks, but I need to know more about what you have/don't have, in order to give you any technical advice.

Welcome and post often.
LILRED66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
Thursday3Elk

Re: Air Conditioning Wiring???

Thanks for the Welcome message!! I had taken a few pictures before I tore into the A/C box. Thank goodness! I also took an upclose of the specific wires I am referring to. The stupid flash on the camera makes it hard to see the connection, but the color of the wires can be seen (Yellow, Blue, Brown, & Orange) and I put a red circle on where the wires leave the picture towards the driver side. Hope this helps in Identifying where this should go!
Attached Images

Thursday3Elk is offline   Reply With Quote