The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
WIDESIDE72

Help with SPID codes

Judging by the paint on the firewall, the truck was originally olive green. Inside on the dash it is silver. Someone painted the truck blue. I am thinking of going with olive green again. I would like help decoding the SPID as far as the labels. Does anyone have pics of a truck like this as it left the factory? I think it would be cool to rebuild a truck that originally came this way as opposed to cloning an army truck. Of course the tube grille is the first thing to go. I have good fenders and grill surround to hang on the front. i will be replacing the bent chrome bumper with a painted steel one. THe rear has brackets for a sport bumper (not step) so I will be looking for a painted sport bumper as well.
Attached Images

WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: Help with SPID codes

The olive green interior was the best that GM could do to coordinate with the USArmy green exterior. If you don't want to clone the look to restore it to look like it did when new, then check the paint charts for the correct olive green that was available. I didn't see any paint code on the SPID. Did I miss it?

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
WIDESIDE72

Re: Help with SPID codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
The olive green interior was the best that GM could do to coordinate with the USArmy green exterior. If you don't want to clone the look to restore it to look like it did when new, then check the paint charts for the correct olive green that was available. I didn't see any paint code on the SPID. Did I miss it?
No paint code on SPID. That is why I mentioned the olive green paint on firewall and silver paint on dash that looks original. Truck currently has a dark blue velour seat cover and dark blue door panels with custom velor inserts. Those will go away in order to install either "Cheyenne" dark green door panels or black "Custom" panels
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote