The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2008, 02:21 AM   #1
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Aftermarket suppliers of parts for '60-'66 Chevy trucks

I have noticed a lot of inquiries about aftermarket parts suppliers for '60-'66 Chevy trucks. I have gathered numerous catalogs from suppliers of parts specific to these trucks and wanted to share with others.

If you have some to add, please do so. Maybe we can get a sticky with the grace of the moderators on the forums.

I have personally dealt with each of these companies and had favorable experiences with all of them. Some of us may have had different dealings, but I believe, for the most part, they are all in business to stay in business, so they do their best to gather and retain their customers, especially during these lean times.

I am not endorsing any of them, just sharing information.

The primary goal of this post is to assemble a comprehensive list of aftermarket truck parts suppliers, specific to the '60-'66 Chevy trucks.

www.bowtiebits.com
www.classicindustries.com
www.classicparts.com
www.lmctruck.com
www.oldchevytrucks.com
www.harmons.com
www.ecklerstrucks.com
www.truckandcarshop.com
www.yearone.com
www.oldmusclecars.com
www.classicchevroletparts.com
www.impalas.com
www.mar-k.com
www.brotherstrucks.com

Last edited by LILRED66; 12-28-2008 at 02:22 AM.
LILRED66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
Woogeroo

Re: Aftermarket suppliers of parts for '60-'66 Chevy trucks

The semi-famous Chevy / GMC Truck Parts Vendors List by Woogeroo

Last edited by Woogeroo; 12-01-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: updated URL
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #3
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

nice list.
alot of them sell the same parts, but sometimes there are 2 different manufacturers of the same part.
it would be nice to know who does the better ones.

A good example would be the tabco (usa) versus the tiwan/china repacement rockers. -are they the same? is one better than the other?

I believe mar-k is the wholesaler/originater of most reproduction bed parts.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogeroo View Post
The semi-famous Chevy / GMC Truck Parts Vendors List

http://sites.google.com/site/woogero...s/cgtruckparts
Woog:

I knew you had done your comprehensive list and thanks for sharing it again. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder, just thought I would fire up the thread for others input. Thanks for all your hard work and sharing this information.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post
nice list.
alot of them sell the same parts, but sometimes there are 2 different manufacturers of the same part.
it would be nice to know who does the better ones.

A good example would be the tabco (usa) versus the tiwan/china repacement rockers. -are they the same? is one better than the other?

I believe mar-k is the wholesaler/originater of most reproduction bed parts.
Jon:

I agree, many of them sell the same items. I have the luxury of having Classic Parts, LMC Truck and Jim Carter in my area, thus being able to see the parts in person, before purchasing.

One notable instance of this case was rear fleetside bed panels. I purchased what was offered by LMC Truck and Classic Parts, only to discover quite a disparity of quality, fit, finish, size and price. I don't recall which retailer had the better panel, but there was a world of difference.

Wouldn't it be a great gig to purchase the same parts from each of the suppliers and test-drive them for a living?
Old 12-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
protrash64
Resistance is Futile

As I have mentioned before on this topic, I notice that some may offer better prices only to hit you on shipping and 'handling'. Carefully review shipping costs because it may be cheaper to buy the more expensive part.

Nice list of vendors, thanx.
STRENGTH/DETERMINATION/MERCILESS/FOREVER
.......posted via stationary device
protrash64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #7
Woogeroo

Talking Re: Aftermarket suppliers of parts for '60-'66 Chevy trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILRED66 View Post
Woog:

I knew you had done your comprehensive list and thanks for sharing it again. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder, just thought I would fire up the thread for others input. Thanks for all your hard work and sharing this information.
LilRed66;

No thunder stolen, I was just sharing the new URL location!

I also added a few links from your post to there... I only keep that list of links online so I can share what little I have found with other truck people, 24/7.

In my book this forum and others is all about sharing what we know to have cool running trucks that we can all enjoy. Doing that requires parts sources! I found many years ago when I started researching old chevy trucks that some chevy truck oriented sites had 10 or so vendors links, then another one had 5 or 6 more, so I just started putting them all together as I found a lot of folks had no idea about all of the vendors, the options of parts, prices and how much closer some vendors are to them... so that is how my little list got started. It's all about sharing the information.

protrash64;

yes, that shipping and handling fee is definitely something you have to look out for. Some places also have parts that fit better or have a better finish, from the things I have read on the body panels. You really need to do the homework searching the various old truck forums in the body areas to find out other truck folks experience. Finding posts by other folks and emailing or private messaging them will pay off in many ways with good information or even some photos. Most folks are pretty good about sharing what they know.

I had an issue one time where I ordered several things together, but they were out of one or two of the items. They shipped the rest of my stuff without contacting me but hit me for the full order... but later shipped me the rest. I would have liked to have been contacted prior, seems good business practice, but that is how some folks work. *shrug*

-W

Last edited by Woogeroo; 12-28-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote