The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
Wootdog

67C10 power steering seeping

Guys, I have a Lt1 in my truck. With that being said, No matter what I do I can't get the remote reservoir and power steering pump to keep from seeping. It looks like the times when they both leak, is after it has been sitting. has anyone ever tried to mate the old type of pump with the reservoir attached to a newer type engine? I have had the lines pressure tested and show no problems. The fitting at the bottom of the reservoir as well as where it goes to the pump itelf leak. I have even sent the pump back to where I got it and had a new fitting pressed in. This is disheartening. It still seeps.
Thanks,
Kerry
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
Tom G

Re: 67C10 power steering seeping

are you leaking where the high pressor line shrews into the back of the pump. If this is the case it could be the fitting in the pump is metric not sae (american) . tom
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Wootdog

Re: 67C10 power steering seeping

One leak is at the bottom of the remote reservoir. The other leak is the pressure port on the pump itself. The fittings are Number 6 A/N fittings. A new one on the pump has been pressed in by Street and Performance. There is a O ring on the pressure port. Of note, I now see that Street and Performance has the pump with a reservoir finally. But the price is 475.00 to 575.00 depending on if its polished or chromed. Give or take a few dollars. With it being that high in price. I guess I will live with it for now. I have had this problem since I got the truck running for about four years. It makes you mad, everytime I park it I have a small puddle in the garage or outside.
Kerry
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote