The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #26
joe231

Re: sema alert- FEDERAL cash for clunkers program

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol Curt View Post
The folks who really will need to jump on this wagon and drive it are the large dealers of restored and/or classic vehicles like Barrett Jackson and the shows that are produced showing people the art and craft, while selling advertisements. Both of those mean money for the states they are in. Barrett Jackson stimulates the economy with the sale of some of those half million dollar cars and they send millions to the local and or state economies when they bring their show to town. I know just a little soccer tournament can bring millions into a town as far as hotels, food and tourism. Think what a big production like those shows brings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by James McClure View Post
You don't actually think the politicians actually care about what shows and productions bring into communities or states do you? The only thing DC is interested in is power and thats it!! They don't give a danm about the country or the people, only themselves. Get ready now. The next 4 and possibly more years are going to be a real nightmare for us regular folks who just want to live and be left alone. jim
re-read ol curt's post.... he said nothing about politicians caring.
the more people against it, the more pressure on the politicians to do what the people want or lose their job, ie power.......
our system works if the populous will take a stand and not back down, unfortunately, apathy rules

Last edited by joe231; 01-03-2009 at 11:34 PM.
joe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #27
1966gmc
Why does it taste purple?

I sent my response to ole Mrs Pelosi. Will it get us anywhere, probably not especially with Mr "I invented the intranet" Gore in her back pocket
1966gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #28
dieselarmy13
Phone's ringin Dude.

I think we should all focus on the subject at hand here, and not turn this into our political opinion thread, cause we all know that leads to lockdown. Thanks jonzcustom for bringing this up and to all of those that have written said senator, but we need to remember that if you are not tactfull when expressing your opinion, you will be view will be tossed out the back door.

I too, am a fan of guns and all, but that's not what we are talking about. If you write this senator and just shell out 'a piece of your mind', it's not going to do much good, and in the long run makes old car lovers look bad to the people that make these kind of desicions. What you have to do is give legitimate reasons why this bill should not be passed.

2003 SILVERADO SS--THE NEW GIRL

1972 GMC--THE OLD GIRL

Last edited by dieselarmy13; 01-04-2009 at 12:17 AM.
dieselarmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #29
19GMC63

I agree 100%.
Do some research, just a quick google search will find loads of information (IE pros and cons) of these types of programs.
While I commend SEMA for their efforts, I felt like thy didn't include enough solid points, or just didn't go into more detail on the arguments they included.

Last edited by 19GMC63; 01-04-2009 at 12:48 AM.
19GMC63 is offline   Reply With Quote