The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #26
weircc

Re: Arrrgggg!!! What is wrong with me.

Man O Man i feel your guys pain i got a shop full of parts,and yep suffering from being lazy and something about ps3 and madden lol!!!
weircc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #27
68chevy68

Darn those game systems.....lol
68chevy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #28
NGN

all t v 's should be thrown to the street they are nothing but garbage for the brain and bad on the body. my wife has the radio going on the weekend, way better motivator for her and me on things to do. music, nascar, sports, and some real news all better in the garage. the cold and shorter days seem to put a damper on things
NGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #29
dieselarmy13
Phone's ringin Dude.

I have a nice sized crack in the metal on my door right by the hinge and I don't really care. I even have a new door put together in the garage, ready to go on. It's sitting right next to my new box that needs to be put together and another pile of parts. My new fenders should be in any day now, as well. They will look real nice sitting there. I fully blame this on www.67-72chevytrucks.com. I supose the weather has something to do with it as well.

2003 SILVERADO SS--THE NEW GIRL

1972 GMC--THE OLD GIRL
dieselarmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #30
nicolas72gmc

To be honest I wish I had some time to just sit on my butt and not do anything, I am almost done with a job (shutdown) down here near austin, we are on day 107 of straight 12 hr shifts, 7 days a week. I am 70 miles from home, doesn't seem too far, but still after working 12's I don't feel like making the drive. I've been living in my RV. I have not done anything on my truck for over 3 months and missing it.

good news is I have purchased about $3000 worth of goodies for my truck and part of them are getting installed this week.

"Everyone has a plan, 'till they get punched in the mouth".........Mike Tyson

1968, GMC, SWB, Project
1972, GMC, LWB, Daily Driver, 383, headers, 2.5"/3" exhaust, 200r4, 3.5/5 ECE components.
1972, C/10, LWB, 350 vortec, th350
nicolas72gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #31
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

I guess what gets me back in the shop even when it's cold, is I would rather be at a car show showing off my finished truck drinking beer rather than staring at a TV screen wishing my truck was done.

D

My '67 stepper "Tangerine Dream"

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right" James Dean

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo
Richard8971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #32
Camper Power

my shop has a huge heater compared to the space but the floor is so cold that there is ice on it. but the main reasons i dont really work on my dads truck is because im waiting for him to get an engine crane and the shop is full of crap that isnt safe to move to the house cause of the ice and snow.

1970 Chevy C20 daily driver
1975 GMC Jimmy 4x4 project
1966 GMC C10 Dad's project
Camper Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #33
Indyuke

If someone would buy me truck stuff, I would work on my truck.

Nah... I just put new shocks in my truck about a week ago. It rides nice, but It's been too cold here to do much of anything. An unheated garage floor in 5deg weather is killer on the body. I did take a minor trip up to the mountains to haul a mean kitty out of my neighborhood. Let the poor bugger go into the winterland of 8ft snow drifts. Then I had fun bulldozing my way back home.
Indyuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #34
lowriden58

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilandr452 View Post
Well, at least you guys have garages. I have to wait for a nice day and then trudge around in the mud in the back yard as the snow melts. It's that red dirt too. I just sit in my living room at the computer and dream of all the wonderful things I'm going to do.

Dan Smith
im with ya on that one! my "garage" ( gravel driveway) is heated in the summer and a/c'd in the winter i find myself drinkin beer and on the web alot these days

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...en58/001-2.jpg
lowriden58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #35
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jay View Post
And................................

Sometimes I just look at all the crap I have to work on, trucks & otherwise, & I just get overwhelmed & say "SCREW IT!!", it'll still be here tomorrow; & the next day, & the next day, & the next day...............................
HAHA, thats me... Lately its been, "dang, io have to move the welder from one side of the shop to the other, that will take forever..." shut the door and leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilandr452 View Post
I think you need to have yourself checked for carbon monoxide poisoning!!

Dan
I got an electric heater.. ahaha 240v 10000btu.. I was to chicken to try the propane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard8971 View Post
I guess what gets me back in the shop even when it's cold, is I would rather be at a car show showing off my finished truck drinking beer rather than staring at a TV screen wishing my truck was done.

D
Going to shows gets me going....
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #36
Brento

I told you I felt your pain but...Looks like the TV and this site will suffer from some Brento withdrawles over the next couple of days!! (You folks do kick some serious butt here and the info is invaluable so I may sneak in for some advice!) It's gonna literally be metal madness in the garage for the next 4 days. I got my rockers, pillars, and kick panels in and took the next 4 days off work thanks to awesome communication with my supplier. I have to share this story. GMC Pauls kicked A$$ with the shipping/packaging of my parts and his prices and part quality is exceptional. My job keeps me on and off the road so timing can be critical and will lead me to saying "I'll get to it after the next trip". I placed an order on New Years Eve and did a follow up on Tuesday. The only reason I even bothered them with a follow up was due to some warmer weather swinging through this weekend and I thought if the moons, stars, etc. were aligned, I could get some work done. First I was amazed my bank had processed payment so quickly so i dropped GMC Pauls an e-mail. Had a personal response in an hour telling me my parts would be here Wednesday. I was blown away. Holiday, weekend, and my parts are on my porch 4 business days later. WOW!! If they were to stock the Super Wal-Mart inventory I wouldn't have to go shopping until I needed gas for work. The parts are here so I'll be getting through, what to me is, the most daunting and critical repairs I have to make. Already had the corners on hand and finally finished a full floor replacement last week so this gets me waaaay ahead of my procrastinated schedule. I'll definately take some pics and spend some time on my build thread to show my trials and tribulations. BTW I used to be a site supporter a couple of years ago and took a break from my build and let things fall to the wayside but inspiration and education from the peeps here has pulled me back into the fold. My name should be in blue soon.
Ya'll need to stop making excuses and get out there and work on your dang trucks!!