The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #26
brendonak

Re: Anyone Running Fog Lights? Post up some pics!

Awesome, I hope you don't mind if I copy you! I think I'm going to try and make the light hole in the bumper only a tad bigger than the light itself, but for mounting I'm going to steal your idea. I think with a larger bulb it'll really look nice with my simple 67 grill too. Are your lights projectors? What color bulbs? Any drawbacks to having them so close together?
brendonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #27
Andy4639
Old member

I don't mind a bit glad you like it!
I have them mainly for the look. I have regular bulbs in them right now. Haven't ever thought about it.
The holes are 4" with a 1" depth. The lights are projection. I'm going to take some pictures and post on here tonight after it gets dark enough.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.

Last edited by Andy4639; 01-08-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #28
brendonak

Great, I'd love to see it!
brendonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #29
Andy4639
Old member

Here are some pictures with the lights on.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippyp View Post
By law on cars newer ear;ly 60's I think, you are not allowed flashing red tailights as turn signals. The easiest way to convert to orange tail-lights is to use the back-up lights with an orange bulb in them, just means having the wiring hacked about a bit. This does of course mean you then have no backup lights but thats no so hard to solve I guess. My plan is to restore the backup lights to the way they were and put a pair of orange led lights and a set of red rear fog lights in the bumper.

The hid kit consists of the bulbs, ballasts and wiring harness.
Phill, This is an area that seems a bit grey to me, I have a simpathetic MOT station were I take my Truck and the guy always overlooks the fact that I have not converted to orange blinkers for the UK yet, he just looks at me and says..."they where Orange when I tested it, right". Plus I can honestly say that I have had the cops behind me and in front of me when i've had my turn signal on, and they have never stopped me, they do give me a look but that's more to do with standing out like a sore thumb on British roads in a 1971 American Truck. I have seen the odd American car over the years that has had Orange blinkers fixed to the Body or Bumper for MOT purposes, but it always looks like crap. I like red anyway it's part of what makes it American, and being a left hooker of course.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote