The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
hotrodrob21

trucks & parts on socal craigslist

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/994300852.html

thought someone would be interested. . .
hotrodrob21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

Re: trucks & parts on socal craigslist

That's the mother load! Rust, free, parts!
texanidiot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Whoa! I need to make about 10 trips out there!

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
leddzepp

He is local to me. His prices are through the roof.

By the way, welcome to the board hotrodrob....I am in Riverside also!

Last edited by leddzepp; 01-16-2009 at 12:26 AM.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

I asked him. "How much for all of it?"

Answer! Holy crap! He wont run out of parts quickly!

Quote:
Hello Bradley
If you just bought all the parts, which I have multiples of most items, it would be between $8000 and $10,000. I have a 24' trailer and a 12' Box van and a 20' stepvan loaded full of parts that I don't even remember. For $10,000 I would sell you every loose part that I have. There is much more than what was listed. I probably have a few thousand individual items. I have a few pairs of doors, hinges, p/s gearboxes, steering columns, probably 6 grills, multiple core supports, radiators, a pile of drive shafts, rear axles, two cabs, a few pairs of fenders, two beds, three frames, 4 disk brake front ends, 10 engines (+-) We could also take a gamble... and you pay $20 per item. BUT, you would have to take EVERYTHING. Motors, transmissions, metal brakets, clutch fans, wire harnessess, guage clusters.... There has to be a more than 1000 items here. Most items have values of $50-$400 each.
For an exta $4,000, I would include my 24' Carson extra wide enclosed car trailer. It has only been pulled for 200 miles. $8,600 new in 2005. If this stuff was all sold off individually it would add up to much more. I just don't have the time to wrench on my projects or run around to swap meets, and I prefer to spend more time with my wife and infant daughter now.

We would have to get together and negociate prices if you are interested in the complete vehicles as well. The 72 blazer and the 71 longhorn are both super low milage one owner 100% original trucks. The 68 longbed has over $13,000 in reciepts alone... no hours accounted for. The 70 blazer 2x4 (the only one I plan to keep) is just getting the finishing touches from a 4 year, way to long, restoration. Which is why everything else is for sale now. I don't have the patience to deal with all the unreliable shop owners in my area. I don't have time to wait years for work to get done. SO, the other three vehicles listed above would set you back close to $40,000. The other 6 vehicles listed would be another $20-30,000. So, all together there is close to $80-90,000 worth of stuff at low prices. If you can get full value for each item there's sure to be more than twice that. If only these trucks were coffee and hot bread, this stuff would go quickly. But, with my limited time, it will probably take me a couple years to get rid of everything.
So, if you have not been scared off before reading this far, give me a call. I really need to know which parts and vehicles you are potentially interested in. I am very flexible when it comes to large purchases. The prices I've shared with you are already reduced from what I would sell things for on a one by one basis. But, I could go lower. I would love to be able to get back to some of the other things I enjoy.

Thank you for your interest.
Dave
(760) 553-4055
I think I may buy a bunch of parts and resell it to add some $$ to my bank account.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote