The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
joekewl_chevyfreak

Motorhome Finds So Far

I may have already stated this, but i can't remember, but I 'inherited' a Motorhome, I'm not sure what the make or anything, but I do know its based off a Chevy. It has a 454 with an auto tranny, the 454 is even equipt with ac, ps, and cruise. There is also a tilt column that im almost 100% positive will fit these trucks, with a 73-up steering wheel in good condition, no cracks. The dash had defroster vents that are the same as 67-72's and i pulled those off, along with the sun visors, as mine are held together with bailing twine there is only a few differences in the origninal visors and these, it had an 'aftermarket' radio in it, which is just an am/fm/tape radio but it looks to be in really good condition so its going in the 68 since i aint gonna have to cut the dash. The sindow cranks and door handles are of a 67-72 and it has arm rests that I think are also from 67-72, I although don't know being that ive never seen any . it has door panels that someone glued carpet on, which at first glance looked to match a 67-72 although there is slight differences so i threw them back in the motorhome. I'm not sure but the window cranking stuff may be interchangable with my 68, hopefully they are. It has two of the ugliest buckets you could possibly imagine but they do swivel and all of the jazz, I however am not using them. I'm hoping that i can use the windshield washer motor in it on my dodge as it is out, and i stole some speakers out of the doors in really good condition. So I guess I'm asking, What in the world is it? Im a total idiot for not taking any pictures, however i do have a few crappy ones ill dig out and post soon. It has alot of characteristics of a 67-72 and a few of a 73-up but i am not familiar with Chevy vans. And no, it does not have a traditional van body, some odd ball name

'87 Dodge D150, 318 auto stock; D.D.

God meant for rubber to be burnt, not for an ear of corn

Myspace
joekewl_chevyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
larry may

Re: Motorhome Finds So Far

Post them pictures .

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
joekewl_chevyfreak

Okay, also, i found out that the front reflectors on the cab/clip whatever its called area are the same as a 67-72, along with the front turnsignals in the grille match a 67-68. Heres the best pictures i have so far:
Attached Images

'87 Dodge D150, 318 auto stock; D.D.

God meant for rubber to be burnt, not for an ear of corn

Myspace
joekewl_chevyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
72armyswbtruck

Yup. that there be an Itasca. A few parts here and there will interchange.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
larry may

Probaly could sell the whole affair around Tipton Mo. Reckon it will sleep 20-30 between three shifts

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
Stock72c10
classic=of recognized value

Here's a '76 that looks a lot like yours:
http://mobile.craigslist.org/rvs/989127647.html

Maybe the Serial Number would give you some info?
Stock72c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

For some strange reason Itasca made a special nose for those to make it thier own look.The cab is all GM.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote