The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
centralchevyman

Need help with wheels

Im new here but was wondering if i could get some help with some wheels. Ive been working on a 71 for a few years that is finally about done but was wondering about what wheel size would fit it. i looked at some other builds going on but didnt know if they were the same setup as mine. My truck has air bags with a c-notch in the rear and a setup in the front like 69chevyshort"s has. The front inner fenders are not stock ones but i guess u would call them homemade that will fit a 30" tire in them. It is a 5 lug 5x5 bolt pattern i think with disc brakes front and back. I was wanting 20"s all around but also saw some people were doing 18"s in front 20"s in rear. Would i have a problem with 20"s in the front rubbing the fenders when i turn. Also how wide in the back can i go with out tubbing it. i was looking at coys wheels cause of price unless someone has any ideas. Everyone that has coys has polished has anyone got chrome or is there a reason. I would really appreciated your guys help.

Thanks in advance

Jon
centralchevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Leo70

Re: Need help with wheels

My truck has 20X8.5 deep, the front does not rub at all. Now the back is different, if you have airbags you really dont have to worry about it, cause you have to raise it up to drive it anyway. I have 3/4 inch spacers in the back and the truck sits all the way down, I clear the inner fender by maybe 1/4 of an inch. (thats all the way down though) once I raise it to drive I clear the sides just fine. I would chack to see if you could get a loner wheel to measure in your truck before you buy them, or borrow one from a friend.

Good luck
1963 Chevy Impala SS Rag..SOLD!
Leo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
centralchevyman

Thank you leo70 is there anyone else that could give any more advice. im really waiting for help cause this is one of the last things before im done with my truck please help
Old 01-21-2009, 04:17 AM   #4
OARNGESI

As long as the over all tire hight and with is the same and you keep your current backspacing you should be fine
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
centralchevyman

The think is im starting from scrach as is i dont have any wheels for it but the old stock steel wheels and dont know if they are ever the original ones
Old 01-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
centralchevyman

anymore help would be greatly appreciated