The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #26
pokethesmot
profeshinaly unimployed

Re: **STOLEN** truck, please keep an eye out...Ruston, Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitmitchell View Post
i second the "friends" part.. people r friendly when they want somethign from you.. and if they cant get it.. well they take it...
i F-ing dislike people.. grrr.. this poskt urkes me.. ive since actually started locking my truck again..
me 2

"having mud flaps is like asking for a smaller trophy"
pokethesmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #27
slammed48

Ok, the truck has been found.

If anyone posted this somewhere else, I guess maybe update it if you can....But please, remember that we are still looking for the rest of the parts, and to keep an eye out. The parts could still show up somewhere else..

Thanks again for all your support.
Kenny

Here's (just copy/pasted) what I put on on another site I was posting on...

**UPDATE**

The truck has been found!... Although I haven't seen it yet with my own eyes, the police said they have positively identified it....It is completely stripped. Nothing is left but a bare cab and bare frame.

We were told that it was found in Caddo Parish (about an hour away from Ruston).

Please keep an eye out for the parts of the truck. I have no clue what happened with the rest of the body, suspension, interior, wheels, engine trans, etc....

Just keep watching for the parts in case they show up somewhere in your town, or on the internet. Let me know if you see something suspicious.
slammed48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:21 AM   #28
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Glad to hear it was recovered. too bad about the end results. if you need information in putting it back together, you know where we are...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #29
justpball

damn that sucks bro, keep looking on ebay and craigslist...

87 Crew SWB
Build for the crew
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430082

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3232925
90 burb 2wd

Build Thread For The Burb!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=383055
justpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #30
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

That sucks ass! I hate a ****ing theif. A couple of preventative measures for next time I've heard good things about, Don't put your alarm siren under the hoodsince nobody pays attention to them anyway; put it under the dash or somewhere in the cab, it's hard to hotwire stuff with 150db right in your face. Also come up with some kind of inventive kill switch, It doesn't even have to be a toggle type switch; be inventive. I'd tell you some ideas, but i aint givin my stuff away, just in case. When wiring your alarm, take the dash totally apart, that way you can run the alarm stuff way out of reach and don't power it from the fuse panel, which is easy to unplug. Also as above, lojack can do wonders! Basically in mine; if you can get it to start you have to unhook the battery itself to disable it, which means you won't be driving away in it. it's no so hard, just plan it well. My truck may get stolen, but it sure as heck won't be easy, think booby trap
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #31
Ds86C10
2WD 4 Life

thats messed up that its stripped down.. id watch craigslist and the local shows for the parts...
1978 king cobra
Ds86C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:15 AM   #32
andrewmp6

The new thing they do is steal something strip it so bad the insurance will junk it and auction it off.They buy it at the action put all the parts back they took off and have a car/truck again.Do a little title washing and you can sell it.I daily drive a 68 mustang i got a alarm on it battery kill switch in the trunk.My best thing is i have a fake coil wire ill put on it looks real but its hollow.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 AM   #33
87c10slammer
truck addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
The new thing they do is steal something strip it so bad the insurance will junk it and auction it off.They buy it at the action put all the parts back they took off and have a car/truck again.Do a little title washing and you can sell it.I daily drive a 68 mustang i got a alarm on it battery kill switch in the trunk.My best thing is i have a fake coil wire ill put on it looks real but its hollow.
thats a pretty good idea about the coil wire... i was workin on a lil honda civic before and the owner couldnt come up with the money so i told him pay up or it goes to the impound... well dont you know at about 11pm i get a call from the local police sayin somone broke into my shop and stole a car... i go there relize its the lil blue civic and i told the cops where to find the guy... he spent a few days in jail and i took him to court for the money he owed me plus the damages... i usually take take the coil wires off of cars if there sitting at my shop but for some reason i didnt to that car that day and thats where it got me... best part is about 4 months later i get a call sayin i got to go to the police station and make a statement so i go not knowing whats going on and someone stole the rims,stereo, half the motor, and a few other odds and ends off that car... he automatically turned to me... but i had nothing to do iwth it... next time i saw him all i said was "karma... it will get" ya