The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
damnyankee36

Classic Update Wire Harness

It looks I'm going to get American Autowire's Classic Update harness kit for my 66.

It appears, for the most part, that the original style connectors along with the grommets are included in the kit. Does anyone know if the factory style grommets and connectors for the park and head lights and the engine harnesses are used for the firewall?
damnyankee36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
MisterRon66

Re: Classic Update Wire Harness

Remember that the wire in the truck is 42 years old. You might want to consider re-wiring the complete truck from front to rear. Ron Francis will custom make you a harness based on motor/transmission/ignition system and any other power items you might want to add. You can stay with your original gauges or upgrade to newer ones. All The wires have the info stamped on them to identify where they go. I have a 1966 c10 stepside that I bought the kit for. It was an easy install with very detailed instruction. I plan on adding AC, Power Windows and Power Seats. Remember when you start to rewire only remove the wire you are going to replace at that time. Check out the Ron Francis web site.
MisterRon66 is offline   Reply With Quote