The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Mister laugh

Choke

Well i am finally looking to put a choke on my truck this driving season, the manual choke i do have never works properly and it is a pain to play with. What are my options for a 6cyl 1 barrel truck? I noticed that LMC sells some choke parts is the choke stat, and the pull off all i need? It is a rochester one barrel.

Thanks
-Matt
Mister laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
Stock72c10
classic=of recognized value

Re: Choke

How can a manual choke not work properly? Do you mean the cable is catching or something, if that is it just spray it with some silicone spray or WD-40 and it should work like a charm. There really isn't much that can go wrong otherwise that wouldn't also affect an automatic choke on the same carb.
Stock72c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
Mister laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock72c10 View Post
How can a manual choke not work properly? Do you mean the cable is catching or something, if that is it just spray it with some silicone spray or WD-40 and it should work like a charm. There really isn't much that can go wrong otherwise that wouldn't also affect an automatic choke on the same carb.

It works it's just that i constantly forget to take it off when i drive, and it's a pain in the ass.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
beautimus

if you can find one, there are some monojet carbs with electric choke on them. you run a wire from a terminal in the fuse block that is only on when the key is on and your good to go. the choke comes on when you start the truck cold, and as the truck warms up the choke turns itself off.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Mister laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautimus View Post
if you can find one, there are some monojet carbs with electric choke on them. you run a wire from a terminal in the fuse block that is only on when the key is on and your good to go. the choke comes on when you start the truck cold, and as the truck warms up the choke turns itself off.
Thanks that gives me something to keep an eye out for at the JY any chance you know what they may have come on?
Old 01-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #6
beautimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister laugh View Post
Thanks that gives me something to keep an eye out for at the JY any chance you know what they may have come on?
no not really, i got mine from a board member who was parting out a 292 from a pickup. he didn't know the origin of the carb. but my first guess would be probably automatic trans equpped cars. but just in case check everything that might have a six under the hood.