The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
The Big Green

What trangulated 4-link for my '67???

OK, I have a '67 swb that I'm bagging. I think everyone told me to do a 4-link, and do away with the TA's. I'm listening now...lol, because like everyone said, I'm 5.5 inches from laying in the back. I need lower, its to much dang work for 5.5 inches from laying my frame. I can't settle for that high. I heated my coils a while back, because I knew I was bagging it, and wanted to see how low would look. I think it was lower with heated coils...lol...well, maybe not but...

Last edited by The Big Green; 02-01-2009 at 05:38 PM.
The Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
Cooleys Custom Werx

Re: What trangulated 4-link for my '67???

hey u can try suicide doors, silverstar customs has a good universal 4 link and gravity werx does too. only thing with universal u have to cut n weld but it looks like u dont have anything to worry with in that dept.
Cooleys Custom Werx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
The Big Green

I couldn't weld if my life depended on it. I have a guy doing this for me, and from all the hard work, I hate to have him do this, and have to take it back later, because I wanted to be cheap. I want this done on a budget, but at the same time done right, if that makes sense. A few people on here warned me about a guy doing this in his spare time, and that it may not be done right, and I have to strongly disagree, but after the pics, they may take that back. I know everyone is just trying to help, and I like that. I heard about this guy from a really good friend of mine. He had just started talking to this guy, but made the mistake of taking his truck about 3 hours away, and then going back to pick it up, and found out he got ripped off, and his truck broke.

Anyways, I need to order this thing by tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I'll have it to him by this weekend because thats when he works on it.

Anybody know the best place to deal with, and please done say FBI...lol. They were slow on my bags, they were out of stock on the Slams for over a month, and when I went with the Dom's they were that long again.

Last edited by The Big Green; 02-01-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

What does your suspension guy say? What does he recommend?
Look to Suicidedoors for a good deal on parts. Plus you aren't having to ship from the west coast,... so that should save you some cash.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
The Big Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
What does your suspension guy say? What does he recommend?
Look to Suicidedoors for a good deal on parts. Plus you aren't having to ship from the west coast,... so that should save you some cash.

Just got off the phone with him. We were both looking them up. He recomended the, Thorbecke Brothers Super Lift Wishbone Kit, its $450, but comes with the bag brackets and everything. He would have to make bag brackets, and this kit comes with them.

Whats everyone doing with the back of their cab, where the D-shaft hits the cab? I just said do what you have to. No one will ever see that part of the truck anyways...lol.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #6
Cooleys Custom Werx

im workin on peoples stuff in my spare time. nothing wrong with that. but the suicde doors link is good. and as far as my cab im just going to cut it and sheetmetal inside the cab where the hole is.
Cooleys Custom Werx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:50 AM   #7
68laydout

Got my 4link kit from Gravity-werx.com. Mike is awesome and fast shipping.
68laydout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:34 AM   #8
smashingchuck
It'd be alot cooler if you did

Man that notch is huge!!!

4Runner Build
smashingchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #9
The Big Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingchuck View Post
Man that notch is huge!!!

LOL. FBI's notch was only 9in. I'm going with a 22in wheel, so we decided on a tire and he made that 11.5in notch.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #10
leftcoast66

Got mine from the bag shack. Good luck putting it all in. Looks good so far, but looks like your having to pay for changing your mind. Honestly I would sit down and figure out exactly what I want out of the truck, then pick out the setup based off of those needs. Also, there's tons of builds on the forum, so find one who is doing similar stuff, its amazing how much has already been covered and you can know what's ahead before your in the project finding out you can't lay out and all of the problems ahead. Coulda known them beforehand. Just some words of wisdom.
leftcoast66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #11
The Big Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoast66 View Post
Got mine from the bag shack. Good luck putting it all in. Looks good so far, but looks like your having to pay for changing your mind. Honestly I would sit down and figure out exactly what I want out of the truck, then pick out the setup based off of those needs. Also, there's tons of builds on the forum, so find one who is doing similar stuff, its amazing how much has already been covered and you can know what's ahead before your in the project finding out you can't lay out and all of the problems ahead. Coulda known them beforehand. Just some words of wisdom.

I'm not out any money, well, just money for the 4-link but that's money well spent IMO. I didnt decide my wheel size until it was in the shop. I was also doing a budget drop, but went another route, because thats not the best way. I knew all the problems and everything but can't people change their minds? LoL.

I got my 4-link from Gravity Werx. It was the cheapest on the link setup I wanted and a few states away, so I hope to get it fast.

Last edited by The Big Green; 02-03-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:11 AM   #12
leftcoast66

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Green View Post
I'm not out any money, well, just money for the 4-link but that's money well spent IMO. I didnt decide my wheel size until it was in the shop. I was also doing a budget drop, but went another route, because thats not the best way. I knew all the problems and everything but can't people change their minds? LoL.

I got my 4-link from Gravity Werx. It was the cheapest on the link setup I wanted and a few states away, so I hope to get it fast.
That's cool. Sounds like you've got a pretty understanding shop, wouldn't think most would want to set one up one way, then have it laying around while you order parts to do it another way. Just trying to help, I see you don't need it though.

Last edited by leftcoast66; 02-03-2009 at 02:19 AM.
leftcoast66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #13
Shane
Account Suspended

Dear Lord ... how many more posts are there gonna be by the same poster on the same subject?

No real need to start a new thread every time Big Green, just go back & find one of the OTHER posts you have made about 4 links and add to it. Purty please.

Last edited by Shane; 02-03-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote