The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
ggtsvnv

Precto plate and docs.

Hi all,

I have been looking to get back into a 67-72 chevy for a while and I found one that has my interest. I know these threads are not worth much without pictures and sorry I don't have any. But what I found is a 72 Cheyenne 2WD 1/2 ton, that has been sitting but is bone stock. The body is straight with a slight bow in the tail gate and it is missing one piece of trim on the drivers side bed, the rest of the trim is on the truck and in execelent condition. It does have some rust in the rockers, cab corners and passanger side bed down low behind the cab. None of this rust is through the metal, it does have one spot about the size of a fifty cent peice that I found rusted through all the way in the toe board on the passanger side of the cab. The truck is kind of mustard and white the grill and chrome around it and the chrome front bumper are mint, it has the orgional 350 V4 that is untouched, it still has the Cal. emissions smogg pump exhaust manafolds with the injector tubes air cleaner and every bracket. It's an auto trans and the interior has had holes cut in the doors for speakers and someone recoverd the front seat at one time in a nonfactory vinyl but the rest of the interior is complete and the door panels are not in bad shape. The owner says the gas tank leaks but when he parked it (3 years ago) it ran but reverse was out. It is a non a/c truck and does not have power breaks and does have leave springs not coils. The thing I found interesting is the truck still has its orgional owners manual, protecto plate, some dealer paper work and receipts for work that was dont over the years. The truck was sold new in Lake Tahoe and I'm in Reno so it's spent it's life in this area. I can get the truck cheep as in under $650.00 but the owner doesn't have a title at this time. So my two questions are first would it be worth picking up even if I cannot get a title and parting it out? Second it does the protecto plate and documation add anything to the value of these trucks? I know in the world of muscle cars it can add substantal value to a car being it showes everything the car came with but I'm not sure on a truck.
Sorry for the long post, no pictures and thanks for any input.
ggtsvnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Wink Re: Precto plate and docs.

hey there ,
the protect-o-plate thing got blown out of proportion (I THINK)
the protect-o-plate add's value to a 60's era car because it can prove a car's original power option such as it being a SS or Z/28 or L79 ,,,,you get the picture , for a normal car or truck the paperwork and protect-o-plate is a great conversation piece at cruz in's !!
I have mine for my 67 C-10 and know the man's name that bought my truck new Jimmy Collin's , but it would not make my truck worth any more if I sold it ,
and like you said this thread need's pic's
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
70cst

Re: Precto plate and docs.

If your asking a WIW (Whats it worth) in order to buy it then yes...thats a decent deal. If your asking WIW for resale...that goes against the rules unless your a site supporter.
JFYI...
WTB (wanted to buy), FS (For Sale), WIW (What’s it worth-for resale), and WTT (Want to trade) can only be transacted by "Site Supporters
".

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
ggtsvnv

Re: Precto plate and docs.

Sorry I wasn't really asking about resale. My plan would be to restore it and I was courious about the paperwork if it adds any value once restored. My only concern was if I cannot get a title, are the parts worth buying the truck for to restore another one for myself. restore.
ggtsvnv is offline   Reply With Quote