The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
71flcheyenne

Thumbs up Brighter dash lights...here's how

I have a 71 Cheyenne, and my friend brightened up my dash lights for me. 100 times better now, I can SEE them at night. This is what he did...

First step was to take the cluster apart. We cleaned it up real good, then he masked off the gauges fronts, and shot the back of the gauges and all the "green" areas of the cluster bright white.

Second, he replaced every bulb with sylvania 2825 bulbs. These are 2 candlepower higher than the stock bulbs. They fit directly into the light sockets and pose no issue, and are available in any auto parts. I was worried about the additional heat, but he said not to, as he had them in a 84 monte carlo before, and has them in his 2000 tahoe limited...real bright.

I will have pictures soon.

Josh
71flcheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
enaberif

Re: Brighter dash lights...here's how

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71flcheyenne View Post
I have a 71 Cheyenne, and my friend brightened up my dash lights for me. 100 times better now, I can SEE them at night. This is what he did...

First step was to take the cluster apart. We cleaned it up real good, then he masked off the gauges fronts, and shot the back of the gauges and all the "green" areas of the cluster bright white.

Second, he replaced every bulb with sylvania 2825 bulbs. These are 2 candlepower higher than the stock bulbs. They fit directly into the light sockets and pose no issue, and are available in any auto parts. I was worried about the additional heat, but he said not to, as he had them in a 84 monte carlo before, and has them in his 2000 tahoe limited...real bright.

I will have pictures soon.

Josh
The paint the green part white is a real old trick and works quite well. I did this with my S10 and would be doing it again with my truck but I'm going to be using aftermarket gauges so I probably won't.
enaberif is offline   Reply With Quote